Medical Lead – Respiratory, BeNeLux
About the job
Join the Sanofi Specialty Care North Europe team for a Medical Lead - Respiratory, BeNeLux role!
You will be accountable for leading and developing the medical and scientific (non-promotional) strategy for the Immunology Respiratory therapeutic area in the BeNeLux countries. You will also be responsible to successfully develop, lead and manage the BeNeLux therapeutic area Medical affairs team.
Sanofi Specialty Care is the global business unit of Sanofi, focused on rare diseases, multiple sclerosis, oncology, immunology and rare blood disorders. We help people with debilitating and complex conditions that are often difficult to diagnose and treat. We are dedicated to discovering and advancing new therapies, providing hope to patients and their families around the world.
Our ambition is to be the industry leader in specialty care. We currently provide more than 20 treatments to patients globally, with many potential new therapies being studied in clinical trials and in Sanofi laboratories.
- Act as a partner and provide strategic support to the BeNeLux Commercial team and work in close collaboration with Country Franchise Leads, Country GMs and the North Europe (NE) commercial functions, including alignment and prioritization
- Develop, lead and manage the BeNeLux Immunology Respiratory therapeutic area Medical affairs team (6 FTEs), ensure high level team performance through leadership and people management
- Drive and execute the BeNeLux part of the North Europe Medical Affairs plan within the Immunology Respiratory therapeutic area
- Ensure alignment of the Nordic medical strategy with the Global/NE medical strategy as well as the Medical Franchise Head Immunology NE
- Actively work with the Immunology Respiratory Medical Lead Nordic to drive the NE medical strategy and plan within the Immunology Respiratory area
- Ensure high scientific level of expertise within the therapeutic area team; develop and lead collaborations with key therapeutic area experts
- Ensure strategic and operational collaboration with the BeNeLux commercial stakeholders and the Immunology Medical Leads in the NE Immunology team
- Actively work with the therapy area Medical Lead Nordic, to ensure one North Europe Immunology Respiratory medical team, headed up by the therapeutic area Medical Lead BNL
- Immunology/Respiratory TA experience either from academia/research and/or preferably from the pharma industry with relevant customer knowledge
- Experience with product launch is preferred. Capability to use scientific and clinical knowledge to support the launch strategy with an evidence-based approach
- Ability to lead teams and people management. Proven experience leading teams with line management responsibilities is preferred
- Ability to successfully manage multiple projects simultaneously; plan, prioritize and implement actions using a self-dependent and structured working style
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, influencing and networking skills with an ability to work as part of a cross-functional and multicultural team
- Ability to analyse information and emerging trends, including social, policy and access-related information, and incorporate them into the medical plans
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 20% of the time
- Master’s degree in Medicine or Life Sciences, PhD is an asset
- Oral and written fluency in English, knowledge of Dutch or French represents an asset
Pursue progress. Discover extraordinary.
Better is out there. Better medications, better outcomes, better science. But progress doesn’t happen without people – people from different backgrounds, in different locations, doing different roles, all united by one thing: a desire to make miracles happen. So, let’s be those people.
At Sanofi, we provide equal opportunities to all regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity.
Watch our ALL IN video and check out our Diversity Equity and Inclusion actions at sanofi.com!
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.