Sanofi (NYSE: SNY) is a leading global integrated healthcare company that discovers, develops, and distributes therapeutic solutions to improve the lives of everyone. The company works to prevent and treat the diseases of today, as well as those we may face tomorrow. With over 100,000 dedicated professionals in more than 100 countries, Sanofi is devoted to advancing healthcare around the world. Sanofi operates across multiple therapeutic areas including General Medicines, Specialty Care, Vaccines and Consumer Healthcare.
Equal opportunity employer. Sanofi is an equal opportunity employer that embraces diversity to foster positive, innovative thinking that will benefit people worldwide. Sanofi is also committed to employing qualified individuals with disabilities and, where warranted, will provide reasonable accommodation to applicants, as well as its employees.
Consumer healthcare business unit. The role will regard Sanofi’ Consumer Healthcare. Becoming a standalone division, Consumer Healthcare’s purpose is to serve healthier, fuller lives by offering moments of relief to our Patients & Consumers in our key platforms, including Allergy, Physical & Mental Wellness, Pain, Digestive Health. CHC does business in 133 countries; 4000 professionals work in marketing, sales and services teams. Learn more at www.sanofi.com/en/your-health/consumer-healthcare.
Consumer Healthcare is becoming a standalone division within Sanofi in order to become a faster moving, consumer and customer centric business as part of project CHLOE (Consumer HealthCare Lead Optimize Empower). This business and IT transformation will entail a standalone ERP, Financial, Systems, Regulatory and People.
Global Digital Team. The team is charged with accelerating the shift to precision marketing and to e-commerce sales, scaling best-in-class data driven decision making tools, capturing new opportunities in the digital health space and uphauling disjointed commercial systems. This team leverages both dedicated expertise internally at Sanofi, and delivery and deployment partners. It builds products, runs service / outsourcing contracts, and develops centers of excellence in technology and digital.
IShift. IShift is the new generation of SAP S4/ HANA, with one common framework across Sanofi BUs and geographies replacing JDEdwards in the US, OEP and unity in all other geographies.
A corner stone of CHC transformation in the coming years, the Data Governance and Master Data Management Team defines the strategy and operationalization of data practices to lead the change and transform internal practices:
- This position reports to Head of Data Governance and Master Data in CHC business unit in Sanofi
- Own and drive strategy, vision, and execution for Data Governance & Security Framework.
- Understand the challenges and opportunities associated with intelligent access provisioning, fine-grained data security and proactive detection and prevention of risks.
- This role will require an advanced skill set across a variety of technologies. This individual will often have to learn on their own and remain on the cusp of new technologies in the data security services, focused technology stack including Informatica IDMC, PowerBI, ERP such as SAP & JDE, and AWS services.
- This role will work closely with Business Partners, Data Stewards, Master Data Leads, Cloud Services, and IT Security functions.
As part of this team the Data Governance & Security Expert will be working across different data projects, applications, and processes to ensure data governance and security rules are followed.
The Data Governance and Security Expert will be responsible of
- Understand, protect, and monitor the data needs
- Comply with industry regulations and secure critical data, such as, GDPR, CCPA, HIPPA, SOX & GxP etc. by partnering with Compliant and Regulatory departments
- Implement Data Privacy Management system to automate risk remediation and alert mechanism where data is at risk
- Work with Data Analytics team to create Data Monitoring Dashboard to track Risk Score, identify unprotected data, and data locations etc.
- Implement robust User Access Management with SOD matrix policy
- This position will be responsible for Data Operations and will closely work with Master Data Management Leads for Data Cataloging
- Identify sensitive data and work with data engineering team to mask and/or encrypt before sharing the information
- Reviews all data/data repositories on a periodic basis and ensures data is properly classified according to use, sensitivity, and importance and is maintained according to the predefined data lifecycle
- Audits security precautions to ensure adequate protection is in place
- Documents the full data lineage of enterprise data assets to ensure compliance with contracts and data regulations
- Focus on discovering and classifying sensitive data to understand how it moves around the organization, where it may be located from a geographical perspective, who owns the data, and which people and processes access that data
- Ensure that data is managed in compliance with applicable quality, regulatory (Data Privacy, GxP, SOX, etc.) and cybersecurity requirement
15 years or more experience in Digital, 5+ years’ experience in Master Data Management and Data Governance
- Experience of Data Governance and Data Security, preferably in FMCG
- Experience in IICS and Informatica MDM, Semarchy, SAP MDG
- Enterprise software deployment (design, build, integration, migration, go live, core model)
- Experience in Informatica Data Privacy and Data Governance Management
- Agile ways of working and large projects phased delivery
Data & Business intelligence domain and software experience is a plus
- Experience of Interfacing heterogeneous systems and data sources
- Working knowledge of Snowflake, DataBricks, Python/R, Tableau, Power BI
- Working knowledge of Informatica, Layer 7 and Apigee
- Working knowledge of procuring data from ERPs (SAP, JDE, etc.)
- Bachelor's degree
- Fluent in English
International program management skills
- Leading multicultural and multi-sourced teams
- Multi-country deployment, involving local stakeholders
- Cross functional leadership and influencing
- Lead people and timelines in a matrix organization in compliant and professional manner
- Quarterly budgeting
- Excellent presentation to executive teams, writing, power point and organizational skills
- Contracting and contract managing software vendors and system integrators
- Strategic development in a multi-dimensional and rapid changing environment
Digital Program Leadership
- Leading cross-functional teams to create Digital strategies and roadmaps
- Design thinking and product development methods (blueprint, iteration, fast pivot, etc.)
- Transformative digital and/or technology solutions track record (design, develop, deliver)
- Relentless & creative problem-solving to deliver in a complex governance environment
- Outstanding risk management and “get things done” mindset
- Educates on basics (SEO, UI/UX, Agile, etc.) and complexity (architecture, emerging tech)
- Fast learner in new industries and functions (e.g., legal, finance)
- Outstanding relationship-building, effective in a matrixed, culturally diverse organization
- Influence skills at all levels of seniority, including people who do not work for him/her
- Balance pushing for change and bringing people along; conflict resolution mindset
- Fast & high-quality written communications, business cases and analyses (MS Office)
FMCH / IT skills and competencies
- Job in FMCG & Governance (advanced)
- Lean & Agile practices (advanced)
- User Experience (intermediate)
- Program / Product & Portfolio Management (advanced)
- Financial Planning (Intermediate)
- Vendor Management (advanced)
Transversal Skills & Competencies (Soft skills)
- Business Acumen (advanced)
- Business Partnership (advanced)
- Transversal collaboration (advanced)
- Strategic Thinking (advanced)
- Decision Making (advanced)
- Change Management (advanced)
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.