Software Engineering Director
Location: Primary Spain (Barcelona), Secondary : Canada (Toronto), France (Lyon)
We are an innovative global healthcare company, driven by one purpose: we chase the miracles of science to improve people’s lives. Our team, across some 100 countries, is dedicated to transforming the practice of medicine by working to turn the impossible into the possible. We provide potentially life-changing treatment options and life-saving vaccine protection to millions of people globally, while putting sustainability and social responsibility at the center of our ambitions.
Our vision for digital, data analytics and AI
Sanofi has recently embarked into a vast and ambitious digital transformation program. A cornerstone of this roadmap is the acceleration of its data transformation and of the adoption of artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML) solutions. This has enabled us, to accelerate R&D, improve manufacturing and commercial performance, and bring novel drugs and vaccines to patients faster, all in order to improve health and save lives.
The Digital Team at Sanofi is a unique data-driven team. We pride ourselves on being data obsessed and highly focused on using state of the art processes along with global technologies to drive impact to our solutions. We measure our insights and products based on how they preform across the globe and hold ourselves to the highest regard as our solutions can impact millions of lives. When tackling a problem, we do not just ask how we will create a solution, but how we will create a solution that reaches across the world with the best possible societal outcome.
If you are passionate about improving the health and wellness of people across the globe using Data as your means, then you should look no farther than the Digital Team here at Sanofi.
Join us on our journey in enabling Sanofi’s Digital Transformation through becoming an AI first organization. This means:
- AI Factory - Versatile Teams Operating in Cross Functional Pods: Utilizing digital and data resources to develop AI products, bringing data management, AI and product development skills to products, programs and projects to create an agile, fulfilling and meaningful work environment.
- Leading Edge Tech Stack: Experience build products that will be deployed globally on a leading-edge tech stack.
World Class Mentorship and Training: Working with renowned, published leaders and academics in machine learning to further develop your skillset
Who You Are:
You are a dynamic Software Engineer Director interested in challenging the status quo to ensure seamless products that scale up Sanofi's AI solutions for the patients of tomorrow. You are an influencer and leader who has deployed web solutions with technically robust lifecycle management (e.g., new releases, change management, monitoring and troubleshooting) and infrastructural support. You are currently leading a team and are keen on taking the challenge of building a high performing team. You have a keen eye for improvement opportunities and a demonstrated ability to deliver using latest software engineering skills across the full stack and moving fluidly between programming languages and technologies.
Join us on our journey in enabling Sanofi’s Digital Transformation through becoming an AI first organization.
- Work closely with the respective managers across the data organization to provide the right level of resources and skillsets to deliver AI products
- Hire, Build mentor a high performing team
- Contribute and collaborate to Sanofi’s development standards and best practices.
- Collaborate with others in engineering and product leadership to create and own the long-term roadmap and deliverables for your team
- Effectively communicate the roadmap and strategy within the team and across the organization
- Create and manage processes that enable team members to do their best work
- Develop assets, accelerators, and thought capital for your practice by providing best in class framework and reusable components.
- Work in agile pods to design and build cloud hosted products.
- Oversee the design of web and/or apps across several global business unit / functions (commercial, research, industrial affairs…).
- Validation working closely with solution architect, data scientist, data engineer, ML Ops and DevOPs leads/managers
- Bring your deep expertise in cloud architecture / software engineering to analyze and recommend enterprise-grade solutions for operationalizing AI / ML analytic products
- Researching and gain expertise on emerging tools and technologies. An enthusiasm to ask questions and try and learn new things is essential. Prototype and demonstrate solutions. Be innovative
- Use your judgment to craft solutions to complex problems or seek guidance as needed
- Support life cycle management of deployed ML apps (e.g., new releases, change management, monitoring and troubleshooting).
- Walk stakeholders and solution partners through solutions and reviewing product change and development needs.
- Maintain effective relationships with stakeholders to develop education and communication content as per life cycle events
- Drive impact by leading your teams to deliver results with sustainable engineering practices
- Co-Own project planning and execution of multiple features and releases
- Contribute to architecture, design, and code reviews. Also not be afraid to do some hands-on development/debugging to solve complex use cases
- Lead a team of high-performing engineers and tech leads. Help them grow their skillset through hands-on experience, mentorship, and feedback
- Nurture a culture of excellence on the team through hiring diverse and talented engineers, predictable execution, and a high level of quality
- Participate to the engineering community and be a trusted advisor to your colleagues and to our stakeholders
Key Functional Requirements & Qualifications:
- 10+ years of relevant experience.
- Graduate degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Software Engineering or another quantitative field
- Demonstrated Design-to-implementation consulting experience across digital and the establishment of engineering functions (front end, back end, quality assurance)
- Demonstrated use of technologies to develop, monitor and deploy products (e.g. Github, GitAction, Splunk, cloudwatch, … )
- Experience in coaching and leading agile dev teams, and building a team and culture around agile development practices
- Ability to work across the full stack and move fluidly between programming languages and technologies (e.g.: Python, Java)
- Experience in Infra as Code : Kubernetes, Docker, terraform ;
- Backend: GraphQL, Node.js, many of the AWS stack
- Experience in developing and maintaining APIs (e.g.: REST, API gateway)
- Experience in cloud-based software engineering in an industrial setting within a global organization (technology company preferred)
- Experience on working within compliance (e.g.: quality, regulatory - data privacy, GxP, SOX) and cybersecurity requirements is a plus
- Mentoring and/or technology evangelism/advocacy experience
Desired personal attributes
- Ability to work independently and as part of multiple teams inside a global engineering team.
- Excellent problem solving skills
- You like to move fast, but with caution
- High energy, confident, and ambitious individual
- Must be a passionate communicator, willing to challenge and enhance ideas while preserving relationships
- Interested in lots of aspects of technology, not just one tech!
- Must be as passionate as we are about chasing the miracle of science to improve people’s lives
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.