Who we are?
As a global healthcare leader and a Global Top Employer, we are as much a partner to patients facing health challenges as we are a partner to you on your career journey . We are focused on empowering our people to be agents of change , because the work we do will change health outcomes and empower patients’ lives. This is where you will have access to a broad track for all-round development t as well as the platform to work as one team across one of the broadest healthcare and well-being portfolios globally .
Why joining us?
In here, you can:
- Join an inspiring team, cooperate with brilliant people across the business and experience digital & innovative ways of working.
- Have unlimited opportunities for career growth and development within a global organization.
- Havebroad presence and resources within healthcare ecosystem to help you establish and expand your own network and connections.
What you will be responsible for?
This position will develop and lead Sanofi Pasteur’s epidemiological evidence generation strategy to support the company’s vaccine portfolio strategy for RSV, meningococcal, and other new vaccines. The Senior Epidemiologist will be responsible for launching world class research collaborations aligned with the research plan that comply with applicable ethical and legal requirements. The selected individual will oversee externally sponsored studies as well as company sponsored studies that are ongoing in China. In addition, the individual will help organize new studies to support new products over time and provide strategic guidance to Medical Head, Franchise Head, Marketing Head etc.
This individual will work cross-functionally with Health Economics/Market Access, Franchise, Marketing, Commercial Operations and Public and External Affairs and promote high quality research agenda in consultation with the business, key thought leaders and major stakeholders, such as public health institutions and payers.
- Support the development of epidemiology and health economics evidence generation strategy for RSV meningococcal, and other new vaccines in close collaboration with global partners (market access, medical affairs, policy and commercial operations) – 20%
- Support the use of epidemiological and economic evidence to inform decision-making internally at Sanofi Pasteur, and externally by our customers, recommending bodies and public health agencies – 20%
- Present updates to China GM/Medical meetings, VEC, Senior Leadership meetings and justify study rationale and budget – 20%
- Manage and develop a scientifically rigorous research agenda in the region with strong compliance and research integrity – 20%
- Develop a network of high quality researchers and academic institutions that can conduct impactful vaccines research – 20%
Who you are?
- MSc or PhD in Epidemiology/Public Health or any other focused quantitative research area
- At least 8-10 years of public health research experience with demonstrable publication track record
- Experience in viral/bacterial diseases and/or infectious diseases in China or Asia/JPAC
- Demonstrated experience in conducting and managing epidemiological studies
- Demonstrated experience and capacity to raise voice to senior leadership within Sanofi Pasteur to shape internal business strategies
- Fluent in English and Mandarin. Any other language proficiency is a bonus
- Strategic thinking
- Strong business acumen and ability to translate research into business (i.e., communicate scientific messages to business leaders in simple and understandable manner
- Scientific excellence and research integrity
- High level of self-awareness and ability to collaborate with people cross-functionally and across different geographic regions
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.