The Contract Specialist is responsible for contract management for various markets including Group Purchasing Organizations (GPO), Oncology, Rare Disease, Long Term Care, Sanofi Puerto Rico and Individual Customer agreements. Responsibilities include timely and accurate loading of contracts and amendments, eligibility, and adjudicating payments in accordance with contracted terms and conditions. The Contract Specialist will manage contracts for Sanofi’s business units including, but not limited to, DCV, Gen Meds and Genzyme. Develop monthly/quarterly reporting and communicate results to sales account teams to support performance measurements. Analyze and pay rebates or extend off invoice pricing based on performance measurements. This position will be responsible for Revitas CARS (Contract Administration Reporting System) and Model N Flex (currently being implemented/system upgrade) contract system maintenance of contract related processes. The candidate will have a fundamental understanding of contract strategies, markets, and sanofi companies’ products. The Specialist will work in close cooperation with the Contract Manager and counterparts in Contract Development, Strategy, and IT.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage all aspects of contracts including analyzing terms and conditions to appropriately set up contracts, contract amendments and contract discount structure maintenance
- Analyze rebate payments utilizing reporting tools and third party data sources to compare quarterly sales, rebates, utilization and market share trends.
- Data validation to ensure contract compliance on utilization based agreements
- Verify that all product and eligible members comply with contract requirements – interact with customers and account managers to resolve any data discrepancies
- Analyze customer performance to determine the effectiveness of performance-based contracts; ensure appropriate contract tier placement
- Analyze contract exceptions for interpretation in the system(s) for accuracy of calculations/process compliance
- Analyze and process monthly/quarterly GPO administrative fee payments and rebates
Note: The list below is not comprehensive; this job is also responsible for other duties as assigned.
1. Participate in customer meetings and audits as required.
2. Interact with Account Managers, Trade, Accounts Payable and Brand Team as necessary.
3. Support departmental projects as required.
4. Comply with all SOX requirements.
REQUIRED EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND AND JOB-RELATED EXPERIENCE:
Minimum Level of Job-Related Education:
Bachelor’s Degree with a Finance or Business concentration preferred
Minimum Amount of Job-Related Experience:
Over three years of work experience preferably in the pharmaceutical industry
Excel skills required
CARS / Model N experience preferred
Minimum Level of any Required Qualifications, Licenses, Certificates, Registrations, or any Relevant Knowledge, Job Skill, or Equivalent Experience: CCP
Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
Professional manner and tact
Strong oral and written communication skills.
Organized, accurate and detail-oriented, disciplined and dedicated to superior quality work
Strong sense of commitment and teamwork
Ability to work independently
Ability to multi-task and meet established deadlines
Proficient in Microsoft Office Tools.
Sanofi Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.