This role within the Immunology Global Scientific Communications organization will ensure successful development and implementation of strategic publication plans for Dupilumab across multiple respiratory and GI indications (including nasal polyps, COPD, eosinophilic esophagitis (EoE) and other therapeutic areas of development for Dupilumab and pipeline products. The ideal candidate will have significant publications management experience, and must possess the ability to direct multiple complex projects. Vendor, timeline, and budget management experience is necessary. The position will report to the Scientific Directorwithin Global Scientific Communications, Global Medical Affairs (GMA).
The ideal candidate will have a clear understanding of publication strategy and planning for both marketed products as well as products in clinical development. Long-term budget planning and resource allocation skills are necessary, in addition to expertise in the rules and best practices governing publications globally.
• Lead the execution of the publications plans for across multiple Dupilumab indications , with a strong understanding of how publications support the overall Development, Global Medical Affairs, and Commercial strategies
• Lead the Publications Committees for each product to update key cross-functional stakeholders and discuss ideas for manuscripts of scientific interest and commercial value
• Establish and maintain collaborative relationships with cross-functional stakeholders
• Review manuscripts and abstracts to ensure accuracy and appropriate clinical messaging
• Coordinate the manuscript review and approval process
• Lead cross-company publications initiatives; act as the resident expert on best practices, compliance and company publications policy; educate teams on GPP2, ICMJE, CLEAR, and SOPs
• Lead development of tactical manuscripts and other projects that are based on publications (slide sets or website content, for example)
• Track publications from IST programs and other Sanofi-Genzyme sponsored studies
• Establish and maintain collaborative relationships with KOLs (key opinion leaders) involved in the publication process
• Maintain accurate and up-to-date records on publication activities, interactions with authors, etc. Previous experience with a publication management system is desired
• Participate in reviewing new literature in the field, preparing annotations to inform other team members
• Participate in long-range planning exercises; develop and manage project plans, assess resource needs, and develop and implement processes and standards
• Help to guide strategy on medical communications initiatives that support strategy
• Communicate progress, trends, and project updates to senior management and appropriate people/groups within Sanofi-Genzyme
• Scientific Degree. Advanced degree preferred also (i.e. MS, MPH, etc.) but not mandatory
• Experience in scientific writing and communication or related role
• Five or more years within a pharmaceutical, biotech, or healthcare organization (Evidence Based Medicine or Medical Affairs experience)
• At least three years of specific Publications experience with a proven track record of successful strategic and tactical planning of Publications in the US and multiple countries outside of US (manuscripts, abstracts, posters)
• Track record of multi-disease publication experience
• While excellent writing and editing skills are necessary, this particular role definitely requires strong project management and vendor management skills as well
• An individual who enjoys a collaborative work setting and working with teams within a matrixed environment will be most successful
• Approx. 15% travel (in non-COVID environment)
• Leadership and technical capabilities are needed. The successful candidate will also have excellent interpersonal communication skills along with problem-solving expertise. This person must be independent, multi-tasked and results-oriented with a hands-on attitude in a fast-paced and energetic environment.
• Immunoinflammation and/or Respiratory background preferred but not required
Preferred Location: Position is based in Cambridge, MA; Remote or Bridgewater, New Jersey area may be considered
Sanofi Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.