Sanofi is looking for a talented, dynamic, and visionary executive who combines strong strategic leadership with hands-on execution and delivery capabilities. He/she has a results-driven approach while being able to navigate a complex, global organization with the ability to provide leadership on procurement and manufacturing matters by influencing and supporting of critical business needs.
Procurement Directs Organization supports all the Industrial Affairs organization and network which includes 73 Manufacturing sites in 32 countries and a total of 4 billion euros of annual spending. As one of the senior procurement leaders at Sanofi, and with visibility up to the ExCom, the Head of Global Procurement IA Specialty Care plays a key role within Sanofi Organization.
This role reports to the Global Head of Procurement Directs who reports directly to the Chief Procurement Officer of Sanofi. It will manage a team of 14 direct/indirect employees.
She/he must be a broadly-skilled and strategically sound leader with a high level of intelligence, business acumen, and executive presence, as well as a penchant for innovation and a clear sense of progressive strategic sourcing practices. While demonstrating strong leadership skills and a transformative mindset, the leader in this role must have a pragmatic execution approach and a track record of impacting and contributing to a world-class procurement organization within a large company.
The Global Procurement Head Specialty Care GBU is accountable for the Procurement performance and deliverables required to execute Specialty Care commercial and manufacturing roadmap.
This associated will engage at the executive level across Specialty Care shaping the global strategy by influencing the R&D, commercial and manufacturing roadmap driving commercial expertise with a focus on commercial excellence, best practices and driving operational efficiency with Sanofi’s most critical partners.
The key focus of this role is responsible to :
- Co-create, deploy and execute the strategy for Specialty Care across Sanofi.
- Develop and co-create with Global Category Managers strategies across Specialty Care and ensure their successful implementation to create savings opportunities to deliver against the cost savings, sustainability, and continuous improvement agenda.
- Build organizational capability through skill development, coaching and training.
- Drive individual accountability of performance deliverables and savings.
- Build relationships within the organization to efficiently drive changes within the Sanofi business & Specialty Care.
- Lead process & project workshops across Specialty Care.
- Responsible for meeting overall cost savings and performance targets.
- Integrate Procurement digital tools in procurement strategy.
- Be the commercial lead across Specialty Care representing Sanofi across the market and supply base.
- Ensure that Specialty Care commercial strategy is supported by best-in-class commercial execution strategy ensuring we operate at best-in-market margins/costs while ensuring we make our medicines accessible to all of Sanofi patients by ensuring we are operating at optimal efficiency to ensure we have best-in-class partners driving the best quality, supply and market-competitive cost.
- Develop and co-create with Global Category Managers strategies across all of Specialty Care from R&D, manufacturing, commercial and key support functions in finance, legal, supply chain, etc.
- Ensure latest knowledge of related to reporting, analytics, spend system implementation, compliance, quality, knowledge management etc. aligned to the overall strategic plan and procurement digital roadmap.
- Support capability building and reinforce procurement interaction with IA Specialty Care site Key Supplier Operations lead and Specialty Care Supplier.
- Contribute actively to Budget and Long-Range-Plan cycles providing the strategic alignment and link to operational projects and targets.
- Manage risk and compliance across Sanofi’s supply chain.
- Drive an end-to-end mindset across Speciality Care to ensure our medicines are accessible to our patients globally while maximizing margin creation and preservation.
- Contribute significantly to the business as the organization is going through a phase of change and transformation
CANDIDATE PROFILE :
The successful candidate will have in-depth knowledge and experiences in the following areas :
- 10 to 15 years of professional experience which ideally includes experiences in or exposure to the pharma, vaccines, or consumer healthcare sector (Bachelor’s degree in Sciences, Engineering or Business or another relevant field. An MBA preferred).
- Solid understanding of both Procurement and Operations; a combination of functional experiences in both Manufacturing and SCM as well as Procurement would be ideal.
- Exceptional business acumen and strong interpersonal, influencing and relationship building skills. Master negotiator.
- Leadership Competencies: proven change agent and consensus builder with strong communication and presentation skills (ability to “story tell” complex initiatives to generate buy-in) results orientation, can build a high performing team, creates a motivating work environment, makes team members feel valued
- Diversity mindset: Ability to manage complexity in a matrix organization :
- Combines functional depth with dynamic, cross-functional interaction and highly effective communication skills,
- Proven multi-year track-record of managing and delivering against complex cross-functional programs.
- Works across a multitude of functions and regions to deliver a common goal, balances own interests with others.
- Strong financial acumen allowing him/her to naturally tie Operations performance to the bottom line.
- The background ideally includes experience in defining and implementing strategic sourcing and procurement best-practices (processes, policies, systems, tools etc.).
- Self-starter: can identify the issues and challenges and quickly identify, frame and execute against opportunities.
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience of category management/strategic sourcing processes, tools and techniques.
- Experience in implementing Procurement systems (SAP, Ariba, etc.) including design & deployment is a benefit.
LOCATION Paris, France with EU and USA as options for the ideal candidate
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.
As part of its diversity commitment, Sanofi is welcoming and integrating people with disabilities.