About Sanofi Consumer Healthcare US
Sanofi Consumer Healthcare US is a leading marketer and manufacturer of a broad portfolio of branded over-the-counter (OTC) healthcare products in such categories as allergy, upper and lower gastrointestinal, skincare, topical pain care, oral care, and other OTC personal products. The US CHC portfolio includes well-recognized brands such as Allegra, Nasacort, Xyzal, Dulcolax, Zantac, Gold Bond, Cortizone-10, Icy Hot, Aspercreme, Rolaids, and ACT, amongst others.
The Senior Manager, Shopper Insights, will be an integral member of a cross-functional agile team that drives the development and commercialization of a pipeline of Rx-to-OTC switch candidates across multiple product categories. He or she is responsible for representing the voice of the shopper in all commercial decisions and strategies. They will design and execute custom research, synthesize data sources, and shopper trends developing a deep understanding of shopper behavioral science. The Shopper Insights Senior Manager will be the principal subject matter expert in shopper insights, both internally and externally, to the Organization.
- Lead all aspects of the Shopper Insights effort for the Rx to OTC switch team with responsibility for all channels and customers
- Develop a deep understanding of shopper behaviors. Leverage key external experts and agency partners to drive insights and commercial solutions.
- Be a trusted and close partner of the multifunctional team, including Marketing, Sales, Sales Strategy, Consumer & Marketing Insights (CMI), and R & D.
- Collaborate with brand marketing, sales strategy, and cross-functional partners to create a learning plan/research roadmap that identifies and addresses critical knowledge gaps and uncovers business opportunities.
- Deliver customized insights and solutions for crucial retailers while scaling insights to meet the balance of our retail partnerships.
- Develop a feedback loop to ensure that insights travel from innovation to shopper connection points and back.
- Significantly impact strategy developed by Sales, Sales Strategy, Marketing, Shopper Marketing and Digital Transformation, through deep shopper insights and understanding.
- Synthesize multiple sources of data and information such as syndicated sales, household panel, loyalty, POS, and digital /eCommerce data to generate insight and make meaningful recommendations.
- Create insights led platforms upon which our Customers will develop merchandising and marketing strategies to drive optimized shopping experiences and category sales development.
- Develop a clear and actionable path to purchase roadmap for product categories relevant to the switch pipeline.
- Provide thought leadership of the future-forward category growth, the shelf of the future, and the shopper journey.
- Ensure the research roadmap and budget align with top priorities for successful commercialization.
- Manage research projects to ensure delivery on time, cost-effectiveness, and quality.
- Bachelor's Degree is required, MBA preferred
- 7+ years of professional experience with relevant shopper research and insight background.
- Experience in OTC categories preferred, Rx to OTC switch desired. Must have experience and the ability to engage with the sales organization and directly with key customers to present research and insights findings and make strategic recommendations.
- Strong passion and empathy for shoppers & consumers.
- Deep knowledge of omnichannel retail.
- Strategic, decisive, and inspiring shopper advocate as well as a visionary thinker.
- High bias for action, driving strategic outcomes through influence, collaboration & organizational savviness.
- Ability to thrive in an agile team environment; comfortable with research methodologies for faster decision-making.
- Proficient in best-in-class digital insights tools/practices and can successfully deploy in the commercial process.
- Ability to be strategic and see the big picture.
- Team player, extraordinarily collaborative and inclusive.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills to influence senior leaders and customers in a fast-moving environment.
- Exemplary storytelling skills and business acumen to simplify large and complex data into compelling recommendations.
Proven track record
- Exceptional leadership – skills to envision, engage, enable, and execute
- Autonomy, strong presence & inspirational ability
- Strategic, integrative and analytical thinking
- Strong collaboration and influence skills up-down-across organizations and cultures/geographies
- Credibility and influence with senior stakeholders
- Successfully executing complex projects from design to completion
- Management of shopper research and intelligence agencies
- Substantial flexibility to adapt to a continually changing business environment
·Consistent high performance and delivery.
Sanofi Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.