Diabetes Therapeutic Area Lead
About the opportunity
As a Diabetes Therapeutic Area Lead you will be accountable for managing the Medical Affairs strategy and activities for diabetes within the MCO. This will include such exciting areas as:
- Be the key scientific and medical strategic partner to Central Europe MCO Marketing team serving as an internal consultant and expert to co-create diabetes strategy
- Innovate and own diabetes medical customer engagement strategy
- Partner teams in Central Europe MCO and Global Medical Affairs to maximize the medical value of portfolio within diabetes
- Identify opportunities to drive value in diabetes
- Contribute to long-term objectives of General Medicine as part of the General Medicine Central Europe MCO MA leadership team
In a constantly changing matrix environment amongst diverse functional teams, you will be able to leverage your strong strategic and analytical thinking, as well as your ability to collaborate transversally both as team player as well as independently, and to manage multiple priorities in parallel.
- Able to build relationships with all teams (local and global) and establish a collaborative team culture?
- Open to new experiences and to leverage from your extensive knowledge and experience?
If your answer is ’yes’ to the above questions, we are probably looking for You!
About growing with us – in this role you will
- Contribute to the global diabetes product and life cycle strategy implementation
- Develop and implement local medical plans in line with global diabetes strategy
- Co-develop MCO key thought leader engagement strategy within diabetes
- Develop diabetes budget
- Identifies local unmet needs and shares them with stakeholders
- Build valuable & actionable insight-based, patient- and customer centric solutions
- Oversee execution of global diabetes strategy in the MCO
- IMAP delivery including data generation, scientific exchange, stakeholder engagement
- Identify potential risks and prepare preventive actions
- Leads and manages MCOdiabetes team
- Master talent development and retention
- Coordinate and manage MCOdiabetes training requirements
- Closely collaborate, align and coordinate with MCO and regional Medical Affairs community, participating in working groups or in cross-functional teams
About you: qualifications, education and work experience
- Medical degree (MD) preferred and desirable
- Scientific/health related degree (PhD, Pharm.D., MSc) if supported by relevant experience
- Min. 5 years of pharmaceutical experience in diabetes
- Fluent English language knowledge
- Management of data generation with focus to real world evidence studies
- Proven track record of KTL engagement
Nice to have:
- TA (Diabetology) clinical or pharma experience
Inspire your journey - what Sanofi can offer you:
- An international work environment, in which you can develop your talent and realize ideas and innovations within a competent team
- An attractive, market-oriented salary aligned with your qualifications
- Company car
- An individual and well-structured introduction and training of new employees
- Professional career opportunities in dynamically developing working environments
- As a globally successful and constantly growing company, Sanofi provides international career paths as well
- Collective life and accident insurance
- Yearly medical check-up
Place of work: Budapest (Hungary), XIII.
If the description fits your experience and has caught your attention, please apply so we can get in contact with you!
Sanofi is one of the world’s leading biotechnology companies committed to improving people’s health and quality of life – with more than 100,000 employees in 170 countries, we provide outstanding therapeutic solutions based on research and development in the field of immunology, oncology, rare diseases, vaccines, diabetes and cardiovascular disease.
Our presence in Hungary, based on the 111-year-old Hungarian pharmaceutical manufacturing tradition of Chinoin, is significant even in European terms. In terms of domestic sales, Sanofi is the 2nd largest pharmaceutical market player in Hungary, and it is the 27th largest local company in terms of total sales. We are employing more than 1500 people at 5 sites throughout the country. In Miskolc / Csanyikvölgy and in Vereshegyház we operate in the fields of pharmaceutical manufacturing, whilst our distribution center is located in Nagytétény. Our headquater takes place in Budapest -integrating sales, clinical research and support functions- along with the two Sanofi business centres: Sanofi Business Services Budapest Center supports our company’s European and North American regions in the processes of HR and finance, whilst Global Business Services provides financial services to Sanofi Consumer Healthcare business unit on a global level.
Thanks to our diverse domestic activities, we provide innovative therapeutic solutions for the treatment of diabetes, oncologic and rare diseases; our human vaccines help health prevention and health care. We are leader in the local CHC market: our popular brands (such as the Algoflex product line, No-Spa, Normaflore, Pharmaton Vital, Magne B6) are widely known in Hungary.
Visit our external career site for more opportunities and information:
Pursue progress, discover extraordinary.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.