Sanofi Genzyme Associate Director Commercial Training Rare Disease- Job Description
Sanofi has pioneered the development and delivery of transformative therapies for patients affected by rare and debilitating diseases for over 30 years. We accomplish our goals through world-class research, collaboration with the global patient community, and with the compassion and commitment of our employees. With a focus on rare diseases, multiple sclerosis, immunology, and oncology, we are dedicated to making a positive impact on the lives of the patients and families we serve. Sanofi’s portfolio of transformative therapies, which are marketed in countries around the world, represent groundbreaking and life-saving advances in medicine.
Sanofi, an integrated global healthcare leader, discovers, develops, and distributes therapeutic solutions focused on patients’ needs. Sanofi has core strengths in the field of healthcare with seven growth platforms: diabetes solutions, human vaccines, innovative drugs, consumer healthcare, emerging markets, animal health and Sanofi specialty.
The Sanofi Associate Director Commercial Training Rare Disease, reports to the Sanofi Director of Commercial Training. The Associate Director Commercial Training is based in Cambridge, MA.
The Associate Director of Commercial Training has responsibility for supporting commercial training needs. This person will have responsibility for strategic planning and implementation of world class product training, and skill-based training via eLearning, live meetings, virtual training and on demand training courses.
Key responsibilities include:
Develop with the Director of Training, the training and development strategic training plan focused on the Rare Disease Business Unit including disease, product, and customer interaction capabilities training as well as other trainings for Business Units as needed. The Associate Director of Training will have responsibility for on-the-ground execution and deployment of training experiences.
Assist in the development and execution of comprehensive strategic and tactical plans to support the short- and long-term objectives of the Rare Disease Sales and Marketing teams. This includes responsibility for implementation and continuous improvement to the following work streams:
- New hire training programs and curriculum
- Continuing education with ongoing learning programs
- Advanced training for ongoing learning of product and disease knowledge and customer interaction capabilities
- Field Advisory teams and Certified Field Trainers
Assist in the definition and development of core competencies and create tools, curriculum, and initiatives to support them
Responsible for the development of classroom training programs including customer interaction capabilities as well as disease and product education via live training experiences, e-learning modules, Zoom, etc.
Manage the Product Review Board process for all sales training materials to incorporate all appropriate regulatory and legal compliance programs into the appropriate training programs
Responsible for the development of field-based training programs including field mentorships, coaching, and field assessment
Establish and implement key metrics to track and communicate level of value and impact of sales training and development initiatives to all stakeholders
Manage, design, and deliver sales training materials for National Sales Meetings and Quarterly Meetings and Regional Sales Meetings, in close coordination with Sales Leadership, Marketing, and Field Advisory Teams/Field Trainers.
Select, develop, and manage relationships with key agency partners
Provide a high level of strategic analysis and planning with the ability to work with and manage demands and expectations from multiple internal customers
Collaborate with fellow Associate Directors and Directors to enhance overall capabilities of US Commercial Training
Design and attend certification training for relevant training programs
- BA/BS Degree required, preferably in life science or business. MBA a plus.
- The ideal candidate will have 10 plus years of relevant pharmaceutical/biotech industry experience with at least 2 years leading national home-office based training
- Ideal candidate will have experience in specialty pharmaceuticals or biologics, with a background in infusible products, specialty pharmacy, and buy & bill
- Proven communication skills with a well-developed ability to efficiently and productively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Demonstrate excellence in virtual training
- Demonstrate excellence in building workshops for brand/product and advanced sales skills
- Ability to influence, collaborate and interact effectively a senior leadership team and multiple key stakeholders across sales and marketing to align on objectives and provide consistent training direction
- Demonstrated excellence in project management and effectively managing multiple projects/priorities including budgeting and actual spend against budget is required
- Ensure that all training programs are consistent with, and supporting of, company legal, regulatory and compliance guidelines
- 25-35% national travel required
- Training experience strongly preferred
- 5 plus years of sales experience in Rare Disease
- Sales launch, infusion and reimbursement experience strongly preferred
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills essential to success in this position
- Strong collaboration, organizational and operations skills
Sanofi Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
As a healthcare company and a vaccine manufacturer, Sanofi has an important responsibility to protect individual and public health. This position will require individuals to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as part of your job responsibilities.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.