Sanofi Genzyme’s Oncology franchise has a diverse and fast growing portfolio. This includes the late-stage launching candidates PD1-inhibitor (Cemiplimab) in diverse tumors and anti-CD38 (isatuximab) in multiple myeloma as well as a growing number of early assets. We are rapidly advancing a robust and reinvigorated oncology pipeline in different malignancies including breast, lung, skin cancers, AML and GI tumors,. Our marketed products span prostate, colorectal and hematological malignancies.
The Global Value & Access Lead, New Products will report to the Global Oncology Value & Access Lead (overall portfolio), who reports to the Head of Global Value & Access for MS, Oncology and Immunology (MSOI) who is reporting directly to the Global Head of the MSOI Franchise.
The incumbent, in the Global Value & Access Team will develop the global market access assessment and strategy, preliminary value positioning / proposition for a number of new assets especially a high profile asset in Brest Cancer, in alignment with the brand strategy, the development of all related key deliverables and will ensure consistent alignment with NPP, Marketing, the Project Team and regions/countries as needed.
He /she will play an active role in defining the payer evidence plan and the pricing estimate / strategy development to optimize the product lifecycle in alignment with the Global Market Access function (working very closely with its TA HEOR and Pricing partners).
He / she will work closely with the corresponding TA Team (Project team, NPP, Marketing, Medical Affairs,), the partners in Global Market Access (HEOR and Pricing) and the Affiliates Market Access team to ensure optimal input to R&D and sustainable access to TA products at optimal prices and reimbursement levels. He/ she will be the Market Access representative in corresponding global project teams and lead market access sub-teams.
As assets progresses towards launch, the incumbent will also have the responsibility (together with the Regions) to anticipate and coordinate support throughout all the negotiation period by fostering one single team approach (cross-functional) for consistent, efficient and timely response to countries with multiple HTA/payers requests.
The Global Value & Access Lead is based in Cambridge, MA unless otherwise agreed to by the team (TA Global Value & Access lead, TA Global Head and MSOI Value & Access lead).
Missions and objectives
Main scope: to development and coordinate the Global Market Access strategy (and action plans) for the TA products to ensure future optimal access conditions throughout the lifecycle of the products.
Note: The list below is not comprehensive; this job is also responsible for other duties as assigned. Minimum requirements within this job function:
- Define and Implement Global Market Access Strategy & plan in line with the Global Brand Strategy.
- Partner effectively with relevant departments (e.g. Marketing, Clinical Development, Regulatory Affairs, Medical Affairs, HEOR Global Pricing) to influence the market assessment, product positioning, and TPP by providing strategic input regarding market access, reimbursement and pricing information throughout the product life cycle. Gather robust payer insights and develop evidence based situation analysis to inform trial design choice, initial value proposition / positioning, evidence generation plan, pricing estimate etc…
- Support Key Product Governance meetings as the payer representative.
- Ensure the development of all specific evidences (incl Post-Launch Real Life Data) needed to support “product clinical and economic value” by collaborating with relevant departments ( e.g. Medical, HEOR, R&D, Global Pricing)
- Continuously Monitor the marketplace for market access challenges (Within and outside of TA), threats and opportunities, and adjust strategies accordingly.
- As assets are getting closer to launch, evolve the above relevant activities from opportunity assessment and asset shaping to launch preparation and develop the following ones
- Partner effectively with global support functions, regions and countries (if applicable) to execute on Market Access core deliverables (e.g. specific Market Access or other Global tools).
- Contribute to the development of the specific P&R policy Guidance (incl. Innovative Pricing Schemes) and Secure closely the country implementation with Regional and Global Stakeholders ( Regional Max Committee to review Countries P&R strategies before GPC, Review & validation of key supporting local tools , to ensure alignment with Global Market Access Strategy)
- Establish with countries early and effective Payers / Proxy payers interactions ( including product specific challenges)
- Ensure with regions and / or appropriate functions the Market Access Excellence and Readiness of the countries and support as needed (e.g. Best Practice Negotiation Tools or Workshops ,Training on specific tools, Negotiations mocks, …)
- Continuously Monitor and coordinate the Access situations in multiple countries and Lead the corresponding Product HTA Response Team (incl. HEOR ,Global Medical, Region Medical) throughout the negotiation period to ensure appropriate ,coordinated and timely support to the country
- Strong Best Practice sharing with all Members of the MSOI Global Value& Access Team
Profile and experience
- >8 years of relevant professional experience especially in Global Market Access. Alternatively, relevant Global Health Economics experience could be considered.
- MSc or equivalent required; MBA or other advanced degree preferred
- Demonstrated leadership skills and experience leading and managing a team within a matrix organization; demonstrated ability to influence and lead without direct reporting relationships
- Expertise of global HC systems and payers
- Successful experience and proven track record managing a comprehensive disease category for a payer organization, TA background strongly preferred but not mandatory
- Demonstrated business acumen, analytical and financial skills to evaluate investment strategies, assign prospective quantitative metrics, and assess impact of key investments
- Strong organizational and project management skills, demonstrated ability to successfully drive a project to completion with positive results
- Demonstrated understanding of how the customer perceives their own business relative to competition, understands customer’s needs, culture, and how things get done in the customer environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, strong presentation capabilities. Coalition-building and quantitative skills critical to success
- Competitive launch experience and TA market experience preferred
- Significant strategic thinking and implementation required
The successful candidate will be required to sign and execute a restricted covenant upon hire.
Sanofi Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.