Senior Associate Scientist / Scientist – Formulation Development
Based in Cambridge, UK
The role is with Kymab, a Sanofi company
About the Opportunity
Join the Kymab CMC team! We are seeking a Senior Associate Scientist or Scientist to join our Drug Product Development function. The role will be primarily responsible for developing injectable dosage forms (liquid, lyophilized or frozen drug product) for pre-clinical and clinical use, including formulation development, drug product process development, product characterization, simulated clinical administration and technology transfer.
Kymab, a Sanofi company, is a biopharmaceutical organization focused on developing novel human antibody-based therapies in a broad range of indications across immune-oncology, haematology, infectious and immune diseases. The Company generates its product candidates using its proprietary, integrated platforms collectively called IntelliSelect®. Kymab’s platforms have been designed to maximize the diversity of human antibodies produced in response to immunization with antigens. Selecting from a broad diversity of fully human antibodies allows for the identification of antibodies with optimal drug-like properties.
Our mission is to deliver modern medicines on unique platforms, bring hope to patients with high unmet medical needs, and to be an effective global partner in ameliorating global disease.
About growing with us
In this role you will be
- Designing and conducting studies to assess physicochemical stability of biologic drug candidates and lyophilized drug product
- Designing and executing developability studies, formulation development and optimization studies for biopharmaceuticals
- Working closely and independently with counterparts from other functional areas to deliver on CMC milestones while adhering to broad project timelines
- Leading and participating in technical team discussions
- Generating, analysing, presenting study data and results for team discussion, author development reports
- Maintaining good documentation practices including electronic laboratory notebook entries
- Representing the Drug Product Development function on internal and external project teams
To excel in this role, you will need to have/be:
- BSc/MSc/PhD in in Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Pharmaceutics, Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Bioengineering or a related discipline relevant discipline or equivalent industrial experience
- Experience in antibody analytics (e.g. HPLC, SDS PAGE, cIEF, DLS, SLS) and routine laboratory procedures (e.g. pH, conductivity, spectrometry)
- Experience in formulation of biologics, excipients screening and stability testing
- Experience in lyophilization of biologics (desirable)
- In-depth understanding of protein biochemistry and/or protein biophysics
- Ability to work to tight deadlines, troubleshoot effectively and respond quickly to changes in priority
- Methodical, organised with an aptitude for detail
- Ability to work closely with others, encourage good team spirit, motivate a multi-skilled team to higher goals and demonstrate initiative as required
- A flexible and willing attitude with the desire to continually improve and develop
Inspire your Journey: what Kymab can offer you:
- A close-knit family type environment, in which you can develop your talent and realize ideas and innovations within a competent team
- An attractive, market-oriented salary aligned with your qualifications and including social benefits above average
- An individual and well-structured introduction and training when you onboard
- You can create your own career path within Kymab. Your professional and personal development will be supported purposefully
- As part of Sanofi, a globally successful and constantly growing company, you have the opportunity for international career paths as well
Link to Career page https://www.sanofi.com/en/careers/
Own your future. Make your move!
We are proud to be named Global Top Employer 2021
Visas for those who do not already have the right to work in the UK will be considered on a case by case basis according to business needs and resources.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.