This position is based in Cambridge, MA, and reports to the Head of North America Medical Affairs Rare Blood Disorders in the Specialty care business unit Sanofi Genzyme.
The role will work closely with the North America Medical Affairs field based MSLs, Medical Directors and other relevant internal stakeholders to develop and implement field excellence initiatives, lead coordination of field medical training in partnership with relevant internal stakeholders, provide oversight/management of systems and process (e.g., CRM, SharePoint, MedVox, ClickView), help develop/implement KPIs while supporting analytics/reporting, support development of field digital strategy and resources, and oversee coordination of national advisory boards, team meetings and communications.
In addition, this position may participate in or support project management and pull through for relevant global cross-GBU field medical task force initiatives. This position will also identify and support process improvement/innovation and general project management to ensure successful completion of projects/initiatives according to agreed upon timelines and budgets.
General Roles and Responsibilities
- Leads development, coordination, and implementation of field medical excellence initiatives (e.g., field standards, enhancement of systems/processes, career paths, training curriculum, benchmarking and qualitative assessment of field medical initiatives/performance, etc.) to drive consistency and efficiency of processes across the field medical organization, ensure that team processes align with systems, and identify/recommend/support process improvement opportunities.
- Leads coordination of medical affairs national HCP advisory board meetings
- Oversees coordination across therapeutic areas with field training leads for MSLs and global on creation/maintenance of learning curriculums, program design, content development, and implementation.
- Supports development and implementation of field medical KPIs, and efficient methods for capturing and reporting using CRM and other systems.
- Provides day-to-day oversight/administration and support for team systems and process, working with relevant internal stakeholders (e.g., CRM, SharePoint, MedVox, ClickView)
- Coordinates field content management to ensure approved resources and materials are uploaded and stored in the appropriate platform; provides oversight/coordination to ensure compliant use.
- Leads coordination of team meetings and formal communications, enhancing cross functional alignment and collaboration
- Supports project management for key initiatives, supporting project requirements mapping, vendor assessment/selection, tracking of project milestones and appropriate documentation (e.g., FMVs, CDBRs)
- Oversees process and reporting for field medical activities/initiatives (e.g., field insights reports, KPIs, Quarterly MIR reports, Field Coaching reports, team performance dashboards).
- Provides support to ensure sources of field insights are considered for medical insight analytics.
- Coordinates with field leads/directors and Medical Operations to provide field medical project dashboard updates.
- Supports efforts to further define field digital strategy and ongoing digital innovation.
- Oversees/coordinates training on IT resources, including CRM, content library, SharePoint, KOL Analytics, LMS, and other company related IT resources; helps ensure appropriate IT resource utilization.
- Manages internal matrix cross-functional teams and projects.
- Develops and supports implementation of measures to ensure audit preparedness relating to field medical (e.g., medical information requests, training documentation, scientific education programs and use of external speakers, field medical policy and use of approved resources).
- Supports interface with NAMA Strategic Operations role to coordinate field contributions to medical brand plan and other North America Medical Affairs initiatives.
- Supports interface with medical operations, shared services, and IT.
Education and Experience
- Minimum Requirements: Master’s degree preferred with at least 5 years of industry experience in field medical affairs; doctorate and/or MBA preferred.
- Experience in project management, information technology, analytics, training/development, and process improvement methodology are highly desirable.
- Strong planning and tracking skills, well-organized, focused on results, capable of managing multiple projects with respect to priorities and self-management.
- Candidate will have an in depth knowledge of Medical Affairs organizations and specifically the field medical function including related operating processes, systems, policies, procedures and regulations.
- A strong working knowledge of business processes and systems, including strategic planning and budgeting, is highly desirable.
- Awareness/understanding of field systems and process desirable (e.g., CRM, content management solutions).
- Candidate must possess exceptional communication skills, both oral and written, excellent organizational time management skills, and the ability to lead, collaborate and align with diverse, cross-functional matrix teams.
- Understanding of pharmaceutical or biotechnical regulated environments and functions
- Analytical and detail oriented, well developed organizational skills, pragmatic in solving problems
AdditionalProfessional Skills and Requirements
- Travel will be required for team meetings and other company functions
- Ability to lead project management initiatives and process improvement
- Ability to champion strategic change initiatives, promote innovation, and implement new approaches
- Ability to conduct effective meetings
- Technology savvy; familiar with information systems, CRM platforms, and IT resources
- Fluent in Excel, PowerPoint, Microsoft project
- Scientific knowledge and experience
- Proactive, self-starter attitude
- Performance-oriented with innovative problem solving skills
- Negotiation skills
- Demonstrates solidarity with organization and team members
- Customer focus; interpersonal savvy and respect for others
Sanofi Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.