The role will be responsible for the technical delivery of Sanofi EIM (Enterprise Information Management) solutions and services to enable business to be effective in their daily operations and support business decisions with meaningful insights driven by trusted data. S/he will build and lead a team to establish a robust and modern enterprise data foundation, in close collaboration with the global EIM teams, to enable data collection, processing, modelling and analysis in an efficient manner across business functions within the company.
Reporting to the Head of ITS Chengdu Hub, the role will act as a change agent and an ambassador for EIM promoting adoption of analytics-based business insights leading to better business decisions and outcomes. S/he will partner with functional data owners, business operations and others in ITS to ensure the appropriate processes, data, architecture and tools are in place to enable new analytics capabilities supporting the overall business strategy and innovation. S/he will be expected to work closely with leaders across various business functions to develop and use advanced data modelling and analytical techniques to interpret key findings from internal and external data and leverage those insights into initiatives.
On the day-to-day operations, the role is expected to drive operational excellence through continuous improvement of the existing data solutions and services, while advocating and promoting the global standards and best practices and facilitating a healthy culture in the way how data is managed and consumed.
The role will focus on the EIM delivery for China. The scope could be expanded to cover other geographies or countries when appropriate.
The role will be expected to build and lead a high performing team consist of Data Engineers, Solution Architects, Data Analyst and Data Scientists.
The key interfaces will be:
- Business: Business Operations & Support (BOS), Global Functions such as Finance, SBS, etc.
- ITS EIM Global teams (Architect, MDM, Insight Delivery, Operations etc.)
- ITS Business Partners
- ITS Program and Project Managers
- ITS Tech/Infrastructure
- ITS QC & ITS Cyber Security
- AMS (Application Management Services) team
- Vendors, Partners and SaaS providers (Cloud providers like AWS and Google, BI solution providers like Qlik)
Business Partnership, Strategy and Communication
- Develop a tailored EIM strategy and roadmap for the business scope and constantly communicate with the key business stakeholders for awareness and alignment
- Build the required capabilities and capacity in order to deliver the EIM strategy as per the defined roadmap
- Facilitate a strong data governance with key business stakeholders and ITS leaders to drive EIM activities
- Partner effectively with teams across the company to drive highest level of quality of data
- Promote simplification, efficiency and an increasingly higher level of productivity for business through optimal solutions, process improvement or innovative way of working
- Act as a consultant to key stakeholders by designing and interpreting analyses of data and developing data-based recommendations for strategic management decisions
- Being an internal change agent with an unrelenting focus on closing the gap between a brilliant idea and actual real-world solutions
Solution Development & Delivery
- Design, develop and manage a robust data architecture including an enterprise data lake (EDL) that consolidates various data sets from across the GBUs and Functions, in close collaboration and partnership with global ITS teams, business leaders as well as the technical partners
- Design and develop high volume data ingestion components and ETL solutions to enable data collection from various internal and external sources
- Actively build processes, tools and best practices to make data more accessible
- Lead data scientists and data engineers to architect and deliver advanced analytical solutions that fulfil business information needs and facilitate business decision-making
- Proactively manages planned and ad-hoc analytics requests, ensuring consistent quality and timeliness in delivery to business stakeholders
- Define, configure and optimize various processes and stage for analytics and advanced analytics delivery leveraging Big Data platform
- Provide leadership and expertise in the design and delivery of EIM solutions and services build on sound core principles and adhering to industry best practices
- Review and analyse the effectiveness and efficiency of existing EIM solutions and services and drive for best performance through continuous improvement
- Manage the change requests properly
- Resolve complex reporting and data integrity problems in creative ways
- Contribute to any planned/unplanned audit for the solutions or services in scope
- Participate as needed in vendor user group meetings to influence vendor solution’s roadmap
- Ensure regulatory compliance of services by implementing global process for system development, project management, change management and operations
- Build, coach, develop and inspire a team of talented data engineers/scientists, architect, business analyst etc.
- Provide leadership and technical guidance when necessary
- Develop required skills and competencies through active coaching and competency management
- Foster a learning culture either through on-job learning, sharing or exchange with internal/external experts
- Stay up-to-date with technology trends and propose the use case appropriately in applying new technologies
- Act and promotes the standards of behavior that are in line with the values and expectations of the organization, and demonstrates high integrity, holding himself/ herself and his/her team to high ethical standards
- Facilitate the transfer of know-how, experience and best practice within the team
- Conduct team performance evaluation, succession plan and career development
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master/Ph.D. preferred in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, Statistics or other equivalent discipline
Experience & knowledge:
- At least 10+ years of work experience in data analytics field, preferably in pharmaceutical or biotech industry
- Passion for data and an understanding on how data can be utilized as a competitive advantage
- Technical expertise and experience in implementing enterprise data lake, data warehousing solutions, advance analytics including data visualization for scaling operations
- Strong experience in Cloud environment and technologies such as AWS, Azure or GCP
- Strong experience in RDBMS, SQL, R or Python for performing data analysis and visualization
- Experienced in and passion for implementation and discovery of new approaches for predictive analytics including machine learning and statistics modelling
- Hands-on experience in architecting analytics and BI solutions using at least one of the following technologies – Qlikview/Qliksense, Spotfire, IBM Cognos, Tableau. Experience with Qliksense is a strong advantage
- Working knowledge of Master Data Management (MDM) principles and experience with MDM systems Semarchy would be an advantage
- Proven ability to partner with business teams; translating business requirements into business solutions
- Demonstrated analytical problem-solving skills and expertise
- Excellent communication and presentation skills and able to communicate complex analysis with business in a clear and actionable manner
- Strong influencing skills and able to challenge higher level management and bring up issues to appropriate level
- Fluent in English, both verbal and written
- Ability to learn and catch up in a fast-paced changing technology environment
- Knowledge of commercial operations in a pharmaceutical environment
- Functional/domain knowledge on key subject areas and their related systems, such as Sales (SAP, 3rd party market data, Hybris), Expense (Concur), CRM (Veeva/Salesforce, Mobile Intelligence), Forecasting (Cognos TM1), Digital (Google Analytics) etc.
- Previous experience working as a consultant role on data and analytics field
- International experience
- Proactive and a passion of making thing happen
- Highly self-motivated and attentive to details
- Customer focus and result oriented
- Able to motivate and inspire a talented technical team
- Ability to articulate and lead matrixed teams along complex workstreams and to multi-task in a deadline-intensive environment while collaborating globally and transversal
- Highly developed analytical, problem-solving and consulting skills
- Drive for excellence
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.