Medical Advisor Diabetes
About the Opportunity
Sanofi currently has a great opportunity for an experienced Medical Advisor, to join our General Medicines team in Belgium. As a Medical Advisor Diabetes, you will look after part of Sanofi’s General Medicines product portfolio and maintain strong relationships with therapy area (TA) experts and other relevant stakeholders.
Location: Diegem, Belgium.
At Sanofi we work across human health from vaccines to rare diseases, and consumer healthcare. This creates opportunities to work across different areas to build a diverse and exciting career. Sanofi has the capabilities and resources to support your aspirations to fulfill your ambitions and be the best you can be.
Our purpose at Sanofi is to work passionately every day to understand and solve healthcare needs of people across the world. Our ambition is by 2025, to be a top 3 innovative, global and diversified human healthcare company. One that embraces transformative technologies and is focused on its area of excellence. We want to focus on those areas where we know we are making a difference.
About growing with us
In this role you will…
- Provide local medical support for General Medicines portfolio products focusing on diabetes
- Lead the local medical activities with current and future Key opinion leaders within diabetes therapeutic area
- Ensure that the local medical trainings are conducted per local and Sanofi requirements
- Make a proactive medical contribution to local brand teams
- Contribute as a team member to North Europe (NE) General Medicines medical team projects and processes
- Provide medical evaluation and approval of local promotional and regulatory materials
- Have self-development opportunities through self-directed projects, formal training and feedback seeking
- Create and implement local medical plans aligned with global strategy with the support of the NE Diabetes Medical Lead
- Support NE Diabetes Medical Lead in all relevant scientific/medical matters
- Actively participate in the development of NE General Medicines medical strategy as a member of the NE General Medicines medical team
- Support field sales efforts related to presenting clarity around clinical and scientific information
- Oversee analysis of competitor information and adjust medical activities accordingly
- Support pricing and reimbursement applications and negotiations when needed
- Self-dependent and structured working style, yet able to work in, and lead a team
- Effectively engage with key external stakeholders and build long-term relationships
- Use scientific and clinical knowledge to input on evidence needs for stakeholder including patients
- Analyse information and emerging trends, including social, policy and access-related information, and incorporate them into medical plans
- Develop scientific communication and education initiatives using scientific/medical expertise, customer insights and understanding of launch strategy
- Lead task forces or target oriented work groups
- Plan, prioritise and implement actions – project management
- Communicate, collaborate and influence with excellent interpersonal, communication and networking skills, both internally and externally – especially in communication with medical authorities, hospitals, physicians/specialists, KOLS and pharmacists
- Train and educate internal and external stakeholders
- Identify and analyse scientific publications
Qualifications/ Education & work experience
- Relevant Life Science or Medical degree
- Diabetes experience either from the studies/research and/or clinical practise with relevant customer knowledge
- Ideally previous industry experience with successful relationship building
- Chairing advisory boards and other cooperation with HCPs
- Working in a cross-functional team in an international environment
- Excellent command of French, Dutch and English both written and oral
- Strong IT skills
Inspire your Journey: what Sanofi can offer you:
- An international work environment, in which you can develop your talent and realize ideas and innovations within a competent team
- An attractive, market-oriented salary aligned with your qualifications and including social benefits above average (e.g. company pension plans, health management)
- An individual and well-structured introduction and training when you onboard
- You can create your own career path within Sanofi. Your professional and personal development will be supported purposefully
- As a globally successful and constantly growing company, Sanofi provides international career paths as well
This is our Sanofi. Discover yours.
If you feel you have the required experience please apply, alternatively contact email@example.com directly for more details.
Own your future. Make your move!
We are proud to have been awarded Global Top Employer 2021.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.