Medical Advisor Rare Diseases
- Location: Diegem
- 40 % Remote working and 10-15% of travel expected
- Job type: Permanent
Join Sanofi Specialty Care Belgium as Medical Advisor for Rare Diseases. In this role you will be responsible for the set-up and implementation of country medical affairs plans and other key medical affairs initiatives in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders, in alignment with the Rare Disease North Europe medical strategy, and according to the highest ethical and compliance standards.
The Sanofi Specialty Care Rare Diseases team in Belgium unites Marketing, Sales, and Medical employees. Together as a team, with the collaboration of colleagues from Market Access, Regulatory and the Clinical Study Unit, we work enthusiastically and relentlessly to create awareness about Rare Diseases among physicians and the lay public, aid physicians in finding and diagnosing patients faster and more efficiently and help patients get access to life saving therapy. With an exciting pipeline and two imminent new product launches, the future is exciting in Rare Diseases.
- Conduct internal and external medical education to enhance disease and product knowledge and awareness
- Oversee and interpret new scientific data, literature, competitive trends and product opportunities and adjust medical and educational activities accordingly
- Maintain and develop strong relationships with local scientific societies and central decision makers at relevant health authorities
- Drive, coordinate, support and ensure regular follow up of medical -, investigator initiated - and other research projects, including driving approval processes
- Address adequately all unsolicited medical questions according with all applicable regulations and internal policies
- Drive development and execution of local Medical Affairs plan as well as local communication strategy in alignment with the Rare Disease North Europe medical strategy
- Drive, coordinate and support Compassionate Use Programs, Medical Need Programs and/or Patient Assist Programs and ensure timely supply of medication to patients participating to these programs
- Be a strong partner to the local Commercial, Market Access, Regulatory, Pharmacovigilance and Public Affairs, and provide continuous medical advice and training
- Support local market access medical alignment and new indication launch preparation
- Evaluate and approve marketing and regulatory materials
- Review clinical data and scientific documents as per local need
List here ideally the must-haves criteria to be successful on the role. Don’t forget: the less criteria you will request, the more diverse candidates you will get in the pool.
- Experience: Pharmaceutical industry experience with a focus on communication with medical authorities, hospitals, physicians /specialists and KOLs as well as other healthcare sector professionals is an advantage
- Soft skills: Excellent communication and presentation skills with the Ability to coordinate, manage and prioritize resources and workload in a busy professional and team-oriented environment
- Technical skills: you are able to interpret and disseminate scientific and clinical data, you have experience with compliance practices and knowledge of drug safety and regulatory affairs
- Education: University degree in health Care or Life Sciences
- Languages: Business proficiency in Dutch, French & English
Pursue progress. Discover extraordinary.
Better is out there. Better medications, better outcomes, better science. But progress doesn’t happen without people – people from different backgrounds, in different locations, doing different roles, all united by one thing: a desire to make miracles happen. So, let’s be those people.
At Sanofi, we provide equal opportunities to all regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity.
Watch our ALL IN video and check out our Diversity Equity and Inclusion actions at sanofi.com!
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.