Job Responsibilities/Department Description:
Biologics Development at Sanofi develops and implements manufacturing processes for biologics starting with an early and strong interface with Biologics Research. It encompasses cell line development, GMP cell banking, cell culture, purification, and formulation development, assay development, GMP clinical biologics production for toxicological and clinical studies, and release and stability testing (QC). Biologics Development drives identification, development, and introduction of new state-of-the-art technologies and provides launch capable processes and analytical methods at the interface to biologics manufacturing. Within the Biologics Development Group in Framingham, the Cell Culture Development group is responsible for the development, characterization, scale-up, and tech transfer of robust and manufacturing-ready cell culture processes for the production of early and late stage clinical and commercial therapeutic proteins. To continuously improve future production processes and to remain competitive in the industry, this group is also committed to technology innovation, platform development, and working with colleagues from other development functions to streamline process development.
Major Job responsibilities:
We are looking for candidates for a position at the level of Research Associate. This individual will join a dynamic and motivated team to develop cell culture processes in support of early and late stage drug development programs, as well as tech transfer of the developed process into the clinical manufacturing team or Industrial Affairs organization. She/he will evaluate new technologies and develop platform technologies suitable for incorporation into our upstream process. He/she will ensure that the highest standards of safety and environmental compliance are maintained in the workplace and operate under the regulatory requirements for biologics product development and manufacturing.
- Work with supervisor to design, plan and conduct cell culture experiments, including data analysis, using high throughput cell culture models, benchtop bioreactors, and/or pilot scale Single Use Bioreactors.
- Work with supervisor to evaluate new technologies to increase cell culture process understanding, performance, and/or process robustness
- Develop, maintain, and demonstrate knowledge of principles, theories, and techniques in area of responsibility
- Stay abreast of relevant new technologies and published literature, including attending technical forums
- Maintain good communication and collaboration with colleagues in Cell Culture Development, as well as other departments
- Occasional weekend and holiday work on rotating basis with group staff to support ongoing lab activities
- B.S. in Chemical Engineering, Biochemical Engineering, Biochemistry or equivalent related field
- Logical and critical thinking skills, as well as innovative problem solving
- Ability to work independently and also function in a matrix/collaborative/team oriented environment
- Experience with cell culture technologies and operations
- Experience with bioreactor systems of various scales
- An understanding of scientific and technical knowledge and its application in mammalian cell culture processes
- Excellent organization and written and oral presentation skills
Sanofi Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.