About this Opportunity
Are you passionate about driving marketing and commercial effectiveness to businesses and want to use your analytical digital and business skills to advance Data-driven and performance culture at Sanofi Consumer Health Care?
The role of Global CMI Analytics Lead m/f/d is an exciting opportunity to lead and develop the CMI analytics marketing performance measurement program (marketing mix, real-time analytics, A/B testing, …) on key regions (Europe & International) and predictive capabilities (category forecast, new launch forecast, yearly sales/profitability targets, …) for key categories globally (Digestive Health, Nutrition Health and Cough & Cold). This role implies working in close collaboration with local and regional business teams as well as global growth hub with objective to uncover additional growth opportunities as well as external/internal network of expert partners to introduce cutting-edge analytics capabilities and cross-functional process.
Sanofi CHC Business
Sanofi is a global life sciences company committed to improving access to healthcare and supporting the people we serve throughout the continuum of care. From prevention to treatment, Sanofi transforms scientific innovation into healthcare solutions, in human vaccines, rare diseases, multiple sclerosis, oncology, immunology, infectious diseases, diabetes and cardiovascular solutions and consumer healthcare. More than 110,000 people at Sanofi are dedicated to make a difference on patients’ daily life, wherever they live and enable them to enjoy a healthier life.
The Sanofi Consumer Healthcare ambition is to be the best Consumer Healthcare business in the world, for the world. Our purpose is to Serve Healthier, Fuller Lives by offering moments of relief to our Patients & Consumers in our key platforms, including Allergy, Physical & Mental Wellness, Pain, Digestive Health. Our global and local brands are over 4.4Bn sales with iconic brands such as Allegra/Telfast, Aspercreme, Doliprane, Eve, No Spa, Dulcolax, Buscopan, Pharmaton, …. We aspire to a work environment where people can strive, grow, enjoy and be at their best.
Mission & Key Accountabilities
- Executing and developing multi-country marketing mix projects supported by internal statisticians and external partners as well as performance modeling based on individual-level data (1st party, CRM, …) to attribute sales impact across tactics and understand tactic interactions.
- Develop cutting-edge process to maximize cross-functional team efficiency and change management programs to land analytics insights and recommendations into concrete actions and quantified predictive top and bottom line gains
- Owning all aspects of the marketing measurement / marketing mix process –defining/aligning scope, engaging teams, creating RACI, ensuring data accuracy, reviewing model outputs, translating into quality insights, building compelling presentations, simulating scenario, consolidating into powerful global ROI database and meta-analysis, evangelizing insights to increase marketing ROI year-on-year.
- Developing detailed insights on tactic execution (e.g., audience quality) and early indicators of tactic impact (TV-to-digital assets, …) to enable adaptation of tactical plans throughout the year (e.g., media and channel optimization).
- Developing/deploying predictive analytics using Machine Learning techniques leveraging disparate data sources to predict category short-term sales ((including de-identified patient data, healthcare provider data, sales data, and promotional effectiveness/activity data) and forecasting long-term combining insights/hypothesis on future consumer & customer & market trends
- Implement ‘New Product Launch Forecast Tool’ on next CHC innovations to assess sales & profitability potential for gate qualification from early stage to pre-launch combining best knowledge of previous launches, consumer surveys, market characteristics, marketing mix results, …)
- Guide A&P global and regional allocation in close collaboration with finance by implementing current A&P guardrails tool rooted on strategic priorities, sufficiency norms, historical performance, ROI, … and improving it.
- Set an expectation and goal to serve as a trusted advisor to business unit leads and partners/stakeholders across the organization; focus in all cases on the business need, extract and deliver key insights and implications for CHC, and tailor and present findings appropriately to maximize relevance and impact
Your Education & Experience
- BS degree or higher (or equivalent); Masters degree in a quantitative discipline (e.g., data science, statistics, applied mathematics, or economics) is preferred
- Minimum of 7 years of experience is desirable, preferably in a health care setting; relevant experience in consulting focused on health care analytics and/or data science would also be considered
- Strong prior experience in marketing mix, analytics, tactic measurement is required, 1st party data mix modeling and audience analytics a plus. Forecasting experience highly desirable. Should be comfortable managing all aspects of the analytics process, including managing a large number of data sources, analyzing and ensuring data quality, directing the work of analytics partners, and generating and validating key insights, turning insights into concrete actions
- Experience with various types of marketing data sources, including data regarding media (e. g. IQVIA, IRI, Kantar, Nielsen) and digital audience (e. g., DMPs), ad-serving (e.g., Google DCM, Atlas), and digital clickstream (e.g., Google Analytics, Adobe).
- Evidence of team and project leadership (interaction with cross-functional partners, conflict resolution, and consensus-driving) and project management (planning, prioritization, objective setting, meeting management, and plan execution) is required; Proven history of working and delivering on multiple projects simultaneously, with tight deadlines and changing priorities is required
Your Language Skills
- English speaking required as main vehicle (written & verbal)
- additionally, French and/or German language knowledge helpful (but optional)
Your Competencies and Skills
- Strong communication/influencing skills and executive presence required; Proven experience communicating complicated analytics simply and clearly for senior management is required
- Strong ability to use Microsoft Office (specifically PowerPoint and Excel) to present quantitative data in graphical form is required.
- Mastery of programming language (VBA, Python, SAS, …) and visualization software (Tableau; QlickView, …) highly desirable
- Training and experience with various advanced analytics concepts including supervised and unsupervised algorithms (e.g. decision trees, random forests, gradient boosted machines, linear/logistic regression, clustering, etc.) is desirable
- Passionate about the function
- Taking responsibility: acting above instead of below the line
- Leveraging the power of questions: How can I make this more in the interests of the patients or customers? Is this in the best interest of the company overall? How can I do this better or differently? What action can I take right now? What can I stop doing to deliver more value?
Play to Win Behaviors
- Stretch to go beyond the level we have operated at up until now
- Putting the interest of the organization ahead of my own or those of our team
- Act in the interest of our patients and customers
- Take actions instead of waiting to be told what to do
- Role model our 4 values: teamwork, integrity, respect, courage
Own your future. Make your move!
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.