Le contenu du poste est libellé en anglais car il nécessite de nombreuses interactions avec nos filiales à l’international, l'anglais étant la langue de travail.
The Global Head of Media & Agency Relations is responsible for the setting global communication vision & strategy and building a world-class media & agency relations function and partner network to support Sanofi Consumer Health.
The Head ensure excellent partnering is demonstrated throughout the media & agency relations organization first through role modeling and second through recruiting and coaching team members. In particular, the Head partners with global leaders for Digital Transformation, and Procurement to create and implement an effective strategy for developing and managing Consumer Connections within the rapidly changing communications landscape. The Head works together with this team to devise the right combination of internal and external solutions to plan, create, buy, manage, and optimize these Campaigns while also establishing an ability to continually learn and improve. The head also works with this team to identify opportunities to share learning and partner more broadly with other Sanofi GBUs – to find ways to increase leverage with partners and improve overall performance and efficiency.
The Head ensures the Sanofi global media team and agency partners develop strong global media strategies for global categories based on best-in-class media planning and buying capabilities. And that these strategies are effectively cascaded and translated into local media plans through the regional and local media support structure. The Head facilitates strong connection between global, regional, and local media team members within Sanofi to foster inspiration, fast sharing, and a feeling of support and connection across the global media organization.
The Head acts as the thought leader for Media topics within Sanofi – bringing personal experience, staying on top of media trends and topics, and engaging external partners. The head is responsible for Media Excellence within Sanofi CHC and partners with Marketing Excellence and Digital Transformation to establish best practices and effective ways of working Sanofi Media professionals and others working on Media topics.
- Drive effective and efficient CHC consumer communications investments – leading media planning and buying, managing agency relationships and building strong collaboration with media owners
- Ensure team and partners deliver strong global media guidance to support category strategies and effective local media plans aligned with communication plans and budgets
- Collaborate with Procurement to ensure that CHC’s interests as the key media purchaser within Sanofi are met and to drive optimal allocation of resources as well as the delivery of media cost savings targets without compromising quality.
- Work closely with the Global Digital Transformation team to advance adoption of precision marketing and ensure consumer connection approaches are based on a clear understanding consumer journeys reflecting the rapidly evolving impact of digital.
- Develop appropriate KPIs to measure media effectiveness and agency delivery
- Keep up to date with industry trends, data, and audiences
- Trains the organization to build effective Media plans based on the:
- Respective brand ambition and competitive set understanding
- Appropriate media & channel mix
- Right quality to drive reach to relevant targets
- Most effective consumer touch points
- Ensure media audits and quality reviews are in place together with media auditor
- Global Strategic Marketing Team – including Agency Relations, Digital Transformation, Marketing Excellence, CMI and Global Category Teams
- Local Marketing & Commercial Leaders
- External partners: Media Agencies, Media Auditor, Google, Facebook, etc.
- Global Marketing Excellence Team
- GSM including Global Category Teams, CMI, Media, and Digital Transformation
- Global Functional Teams, especially Commercial, R&D, Medical, Regulatory, BD, HR
- Local Marketing Teams, especially Global Lead Countries
- External partners: Capability Building Partners
Required knowledge and/or experience
- Strong media buying & planning experience in recognized OTC/FMCG companies (15 years) at global level. Previous media agency experience is a plus.
- Agency pitch experience at global level
- Significant leadership experience incl. direct reporting, cross-functional teams, and inter-cultural leadership
- Driving significant change in the organization with speed and agility
- Working in multinational/complex environments with multiple stakeholders and potentially conflicting needs.
- Managing complex and diverse projects and driving them into actionable plans
- International experience: working outside of own cultural environment; across multiple countries
- Business degree or equivalent, MBA is a plus
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills in English
- French and/or German language skills favorable, but not a must
Behavioral and LEAD-competencies
- Cooperate Transversally - Collaborate effectively with peers, stakeholders and partners across the organization to positively impact business results
- Act for change - Embrace change and innovation and initiate new and improved ways of working
- Develop People - Take responsibility for developing one’s self and others in anticipation of future business needs
- Ability to work in fast-pace and ever-changing environment required.
- Strong sense of urgency, adaptability, flexibility and resourcefulness.
- Ability to multitask and to work well within a fast-growing team-oriented environment.
- Strong strategic thinking, creative problem solving and decision making skills.
- Self-motivated, responsible, reliable and dependable.
- Superior interpersonal communication, presentation, and team leadership.
- Superior time management, organizational skills, attention to detail/level of quality, and customer service skills.
- An international work environment, in which you can develop your talent and realize ideas and innovations within a competent team.
- An attractive, market-oriented salary aligned with your qualifications and including social benefits above average (e.g. company pension plans, health management).
- An individual and well-structured introduction and training of new employees.
- You can create your own career path within Sanofi. Your professional and personal development will be supported purposefully.
- As a globally successful and constantly growing company, Sanofi provides international career paths as well.
Sanofi is committed to welcoming and integrating people with disabilities.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.