R&D ITS Expert - Biologics
About the Opportunity
We have a great opportunity for a R&D ITS expert – Biologics based at Ablynx in Gent.
As member of Information Technology and Solutions R&D (ITS R&D) team, you will be responsible for full the lifecycle management of R&D business solutions in Biologics area (Nanobodies), such as bioinformatics applications or analytics and scientific data management systems, from early Research to Pre-clinical.
You will need to provide functional and technical expertise to optimize the way solutions are used and facilitate business process improvements. This role encompasses close contact with the R&D business, project management, development and implementation of solution improvements and advanced support.
You will also be responsible for global activities with other Sanofi R&D locations in the world.
Ablynx, a Sanofi Company
Ablynx, a Sanofi company, is engaged in the development of Nanobodies®, proprietary therapeutic proteins based on single-domain antibody fragments, which combine the advantages of conventional antibody drugs with some of the features of small-molecule drugs. Nanobodies have potential uses in the treatment of a range of serious and life-threatening human diseases. Ablynx advances a portfolio of Nanobody-based therapeutic programs in several major disease areas, including inflammation, haematology, immuno-oncology and oncology.
- Lead and implement, support or extend the data management landscape for scientific data & systems;
- Participate in integration of custom key Ablynx R&D solutions with global Sanofi R&D solutions;
- Manage application lifecycle (incident management & processes, software modernization to avoid technical debt) and enhancement development;
- Advanced application support.
To excel in this role you will need to have:
- Master in Bioinformatics or equivalent by a solid experience;
- Skilled in some programming languages and programming environment (Java, web services, PERL, working in a Linux environment);
- Knowledge of or some experience with database design / data integration (Oracle, Docker, ETL);
- Some experience with application configuration or template design is an advantage;
- Some knowledge of Pharma regulation’s with GxP and validated environment is an advantage;
- Eagerness to explore and learn;
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, to prioritize, detail oriented and highly accurate;
- Very good organizational skills;
- Experience in working for an international company is a key asset;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, interfacing with cooperating departments and external partners;
- Proficient English written and verbally, fluency in Dutch is a plus.
It would be advantageous to have (not essential):
- Knowledge of both molecular engineering and informatics is highly recommended;
- Knowledge of Project Management is beneficial.
Empower Life Everyday
At Sanofi we work across human health from vaccines to rare diseases, and consumer healthcare. This creates opportunities to work across different areas to build a diverse and exciting career. Sanofi has the capabilities and resources to support your aspirations to fulfill your ambitions and be the best you can be.
Our purpose at Sanofi is to work passionately every day to understand and solve healthcare needs of people across the world. Our ambition is by 2025, to be a top 3 innovative, global and diversified human healthcare company. One that embraces transformative technologies and is focused on its area of excellence, which means we’re not there to try to solve everybody’s problems. We want to focus on those areas where we know we are making a difference.
The values we live by are teamwork, courage, respect and integrity.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.