Capital Project and Process Engineering Manager
There couldn’t be a better time to join EUROAPI UK, a Sanofi company with €1 billion in sales projected by 2022 and plans to become the largest Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient manufacturer in the UK & Europe.
You will lead and develop a team of 10 project engineers and process engineers working on key strategic and capital projects with budgets from £5k to £1.5 million as we continue our journey from a single product site to an entrepreneurial contract development and manufacturing business.
You will work in a continuous manufacturing API plant on a 9-hectaresite with unique capabilities and technology. We have one of the largest pharmaceutical spray dryers in the world and we continue to invest into making our processes responsive and flexible to respond to client needs.
- Lead, build, coach and develop the Site Capital Project and Process Engineering Team in delivering the site investment programme
- Ensure projects are delivered in line with the Site Capital Project procedure and annual site investment plan
- Carry out a post project return on investment reviews to ensure that the anticipated project benefits are delivered
- Lead on the core process technologies that generate the revenue streams for the site
- Identify, select and manage key vendors (e.g., project management and equipment) to meet the delivery targets of the site investment programme
- Manage process engineering & design, documentation and resource management for capital projects at the Haverhill site
EUROAPI is a new player in Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (API) created within Sanofi with the purpose of becoming an autonomous company in 2022.
EUROAPI will combine Sanofi’s API commercial and development activities with six of its European API production sites located in Brindisi (Italy), Frankfurt Chemistry (Germany), Haverhill (UK), St Aubin les Elbeuf (France), Újpest (Hungary) and Vertolaye (France).
By operating autonomously, EUROAPI will have a broad portfolio of volume and niche products and will leverage an extensive commercial network covering more than 80 countries.
We are looking for
- A degree in Chemical Engineering
- A leader with pharmaceutical industry experience preferably gained in a contract development and manufacturing organisation (CDMO) or manufacturing active pharmaceutical ingredients
- A leader with proven experience delivering capital projects, developing people and process to increase collaboration and commercial awareness
What we can offer you
An excellent benefits package: we pay 10% of your base salary into your pension annually with no contribution from you. We will give you free private medical insurance, personal dental cover, life assurance and income protection. You will also get access to our Boost rewards and discount scheme provided by Reward Gateway offering the best options to make savings on everyday purchases. You will also be entitled to an annual bonus subject to performance.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.