About the Opportunity
Complete Electrical & Instrument Maintenance activities to ensure production demands are met through the implementation of maintenance strategies on both process equipment and site facilities.
Ensure adherence to GMP, safety, quality and validation protocols always.
Uses predictive techniques to minimise maintenance costs and equipment downtime. Trouble shoots equipment and facilities failures and remediate identified issues.
Provide core Electrical support on plant / site utility systems to include Motors & Drives, L.V Control / Distribution systems, Electrical Statutory Testing & depending on specialism Instrumentation, PLC's, HVAC, Refrigeration & Air distribution.
Understands and/or interprets blueprints, P&ID layouts, ladder logic and wiring diagrams in performing maintenance and repairs.
- Works on assigned activities carrying out routine and more complex maintenance tasks in accordance with strict departmental & company procedures.
- It is desirable, but not essential, the candidate is cross-trained in both Electrical and Instrumentation.
- Is willing to develop his/her skills to support a future multiskilled maintenance strategy.
- Can resolve standard and non-standard issues using previous experience and skills to identify solutions.
- Investigates discrepancies thoroughly and escalates more complex issues for diagnoses or approval of a planned solution to ensure a timely resolution of a problem.
- Makes recommendations to improve departmental 'ways-of-working', Planned Maintenance tasks and assists in the implementation of approved changes to support business & departmental activities.
- Has a good understanding of pro-active EHS practises and ensures always a close adherence to daily safe-systems-of-work such as Permit-to-work, Safe-plan-of-action, LOTO…. etc.
- Generates standard statutory documentation.
- Has developed specialist skills relevant to the function and is striving to improve their personal development.
- Supports the training and development of more junior staff.
- After mutually agreed period, the candidate will join the E&I team Call-out rota to provide 'out-of-hours' maintenance support for departmental stakeholders.
- Liaises proactively and professionally with their peers and departmental stakeholders.
- Can converse effectively with external suppliers and communicate relevant technical information relating to own area.
- Works independently within well-established and defined procedures under a limited degree of supervision.
- Escalates complex problems to more senior team members in a timely manner to lessen potential impact to departmental stakeholders.
- Actions impact on own work and the achievement of team goals.
- Completes routine and more complex technical tasks to help ensure the safe and effective function of systems and equipment on site.
- Will be assigned to key tasks requiring greater competence
- Will typically hold City & Guilds/ NVQ certificate or equivalent in relevant engineering discipline, preferably a core Electrical qualification.
- Has demonstrated sustained competence in manufacturing maintenance and is able to demonstrate problem solving skills in several technical areas.
- Ability to produce clear and professional written reports, emails and work documents daily.
- Will typically have worked in a compliance environment (e.g quality, 5C standards, 7 waste principals, defined procedures and policies)
- Typically hold City & Guilds/ NVQ certificate or equivalent in relevant engineering discipline, preferably a core Electrical qualification.
ACT FOR CHANGE:
- Embrace change and innovation and initiate new and improved ways of working.
- Creatively challenges the status quo to find new ways of working.
- Looks for the opportunities that arise during times of change.
- Readily adapts to new environment, jobs, technologies and processes.
- Collaborate effectively with peers, stakeholders and partners across the organisation to positively impact business results.
- Shares relevant information openly and seeks appropriate input from others outside of the direct team.
- Develops and maintains effective cross-functional working relationships and partnerships.
- Responds positively and constructively to requests for support from across the organisation.
STRIVE FOR RESULTS:
- Seek ongoing improvement of performance quality to create sustainable added value.
- Sets ambitious, tangible and measurable targets.
- Takes personal responsibility for achieving results.
- Reviews and evaluates progress against agreed targets, timelines and budgets.
COMMIT TO CUSTOMERS
- Understand, meet and exceed internal and external customer expectations to create positive impact.
- Actively works to gain genuine understanding of the customer’s perspective.
- Strives to build mutually beneficial solutions and partnerships.
- Actively seeks customer feedback to identify opportunities for improvement and to gain insight to underlying needs.
- Take responsibility for developing one's self and other in anticipation of future business needs.
What Sanofi can offer you:
- A role with exposer to multiple business units and senior management, with the ability to progress your career within this department or across other functions.
- We offer a generous package including flexible benefits and are committed to helping you have a healthy work-life balance throughout your career with us.
- This is a full-time role and we support flexible working.
Empower Life Everyday
At Sanofi we work across human health from vaccines to rare diseases, and consumer healthcare. This creates opportunities to work across different areas to build a diverse and exciting career. Sanofi has the capabilities and resources to support your aspirations to fulfil your ambitions and be the best you can be.
Our purpose at Sanofi is to work passionately every day to understand and solve healthcare needs of people across the world. Our ambition is by 2025, to be a top 3 innovative, global and diversified human healthcare company. One that embraces transformative technologies and is focused on its area of excellence, which means we’re not there to try to solve everybody’s problems. We want to focus on those areas where we know we are making a difference.
The values we are live by are teamwork, courage, respect and integrity.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.