Is accountable for management and performance of the Consumer Healthcare (CHC) Business Unit at Country level and oversees:
- Planning and execution of activities for Sales & Marketing.
- driving the Business Unit’s budget and P&L and ensuring operational effectiveness.
- being part of the Country Council, contributing to cross-alignment with other Business Units and Support Functions.
KEY RESULTS / ACCOUNTABILITIES
1) Leads and develops the Consumer Healthcare (CHC) team
- Leads the CHC team in an engaging way to ensure commitment and motivation in line with our values.
- Ensures buy-in and ownership of the vision and targets by the CHC team.
- Identifies talents, actively facilitates their career development, and leads the succession planning within own Business Unit.
- Defines and reviews individual objectives on a regular basis and ensures employees receive the necessary support to deliver high performance against agreed targets.
- Ensure effective communication between all functions (direct reports and support functions).
2) Defines and implements the Consumer Healthcare (CHC) strategy
- Defines and communicates a vision for the CHC Business Unit in Pakistan & Afghanistan.
- Is accountable for the overall strategic planning and direction of activities.
- Continuously monitors competitive performance and local trends anticipating local risks and opportunities.
- Leverages opportunities in the local market and adjusts the business strategy where and when relevant.
- Oversees adapting the organization to business needs.
- Takes an entrepreneurial leadership on developing the CHC business.
3) Defines and implements the brand and marketing plans
- Leverages local and global insights to develop best-in-class brand plans as follows:
- For all brands in global categories: adapt and implement global category / brand strategies & innovation.
- For all other local brands, the GM is fully accountable for the development and execution of the strategy and innovation.
- Ensures brand and marketing input during strategic exercise, specifically for SBCP, LRP & Budget.
- Leads the execution of brand plans via in-depth tactical planning.
- Active cross-functional collaboration (e.g., with Medical, Regulatory, Supply Chain, Finance, etc.) in all relevant activities of the CHC business (marketing and business planning, product promotion, and advertising, etc.).
4) Defines and implements the commercial and trade strategy
- Builds on market insights to define a commercial and trade marketing strategy for Pakistan/Afghanistan and Distributor.
- Coordinates monitoring of commercial action plans.
- Is accountable for gross-to-net.
5) Leads the development of the Consumer Healthcare (CHC) portfolio
- Is accountable for the definition of CHC portfolio development priorities.
- Leads the innovation process to ensure consistent delivery of new products on the market.
- Supervises new product launches.
- Supports local licensing-in/out activities.
6) Holds full P&L accountability for the Consumer Healthcare (CHC) business
- Has full budget and P&L ownership and is responsible for operational effectiveness.
- Monitors the P&L, anticipating and managing risks, to ensure achievement of business targets in both Sales and BOI (profit).
- Continuously challenges the business models (including commercial and marketing / trade marketing strategy in each channel) in view of our growth strategy and the payback of our investments.
- Constantly reviews resources allocation to optimize the P&L, to meet Sales and BOI targets and to capture business opportunities.
7) Supervises promotional and advertisement activities
- Defines promotional and advertisement resource allocation in the countries according to brand strategies, always ensuring cost-efficiency and particular focus on controllable expenses.
- Defines sizing and organization of sales force and merchandizing teams based on customer segmentation and targeting.
- Defines objectives for sales force and merchandizing teams and applies KPIs to manage their performance.
- Sets up appropriate management / financial control tools to monitor performance of all promotional and advertisement investments.
8) Ensures operational and supply management
- Monitors customer satisfaction and performance and ensures back-office management excellence in the countries.
- Ensures implementation of a dedicated CHC supply dashboard with key KPI’s.
- Defines, together with Supply, the adequate governance to best support CHC needs and to optimize distribution costs.
9) Is actively involved or leads external and internal stakeholder management activities
- Develops and maintains relationships with key opinion leaders, health authorities, retailers, and trade partners.
- Leverages on external affairs and market access resources to ensure optimal access.
- Continuously engages with other Business Units and seeks alignment whenever required.
- Ensures engagement and alignment of internal expert functions such as medical, regulatory, legal, etc.
10) People Leadership
- Performance manages the team through setting and reviewing priorities. Provides appropriate and timely feedback about performance and coaches team members to help them achieve their goals
- Supports the professional and career development of the team by identifying the skills and competencies that employees need for their current and prospective roles and provide opportunities to learn and practice new skills
- Leads building a motivated and engaged team using formal and informal recognition, regular communications, and the encouragement of cooperation between individuals and teams
11) Maintain Compliance
- Abide by the requirements of the internal Code of Ethics including but not restricted to maintaining high professional standards of conduct in line with the Company procedure with a duty of care to the reputation of the Company.
- Ensure completion of all trainings defined by Ethics & Business Integrity and ensure implementation within the team.
12) Ethical Leadership
- Takes personal accountability to use personal experience and knowledge, as well as the training and tools provided by Sanofi, to maintain a good knowledge and understanding of all ethics and governance relevant to the role (Sanofi Policies and Procedures and any relevant legal requirements) and demonstrate personal leadership in applying these to all work undertaken. Escalates any decisions, or seek the support of colleagues or management if personal knowledge and understanding is not at the level required to carry out any part of the role
13) Environmental and Safety Leadership
To care for his/her own safety and wellbeing and the safety of others, and to co-operate with the company to ensure a safe place of work. Employees are therefore expected to:
- Support and conform to Company safety rules and procedures to ensure a safe and healthy working environment
- Report any accident, incident or near miss, whether it be of personal injury or property damage
- Assist in the investigation of accidents with the objective of introducing measures to prevent recurrence
Thoroughly read all safety documentation issues by the Company and comply with its requirements. Escalate any doubts or uncertainties to their supervisor and / or manager.
KEY WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
Cross Functional Collaboration with:
- Supply chain
- Human Resources
- Trade & Revenue
- Business Development
Occasional Contact with:
- Industrial Affairs
- Pharmacovigilance (PV)
Would be expected to be involved with:
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE & KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS
- Education Level: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Science or other relevant field; MBA - is a plus
- Experience: 10 to 15 years of commercial / sales and/ or marketing experience
- FMCG experience is a plus
- Business and financial acumen
- Planning and organising
- Communication and negotiation skills
- Analytical skills
- Decision making
- Leadership and people development
- Adaptability and flexibility
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.