Le contenu du poste est libellé en anglais car il nécessite de nombreuses interactions avec nos filiales à l’international, l'anglais étant la langue de travail.
About the Opportunity
As an experienced mRNA VACCINES - Data Scientist, you will be in charge of designing, characterizing and optimizing mRNA vaccine production from A to Z.
In the race for the future of health – The Sanofi MRNA Center of Excellence
At Sanofi, we believe in a world in which no one suffers or dies from vaccine-preventable diseases. And while the pandemic has shaken up our industry, creating new opportunities and risks, we believe the acceleration of innovation with mRNA technology means vaccines for more people faster than before.
That’s why we’re looking for bold, optimistic world-changers to join the team at our mRNA Center of Excellence. We’re investing €400m a year into the new Center, hiring a team of 400 dedicated employees for it and using it as the foundation to implement integrated end-to-end mRNA vaccine capabilities and research with R&D, digital and CMC teams.
Bring your ambition and optimism for the future to Sanofi. Join us
Sanofi Pasteur, Vaccine R&D is strategically developing and deploying state-of-the-art digital strategies/tools to meet Sanofi Pasteur's mission to become the disruptive market leader in vaccines. Vaccine R&D seeks entrepreneurial and forward-thinking individuals to drive the development of Artificial Intelligence (AI)/Machine Learning (ML)/Deep Learning (DL) solutions to improve efficiency and effectiveness across research and development.
She/he will work as part of a global team of computational and scientific experts and have practical experience translating model and analytical prototypes into maintainable, well-organized analytical software pipelines. She/he is expected to have breadth of knowledge and experience delivering insights through data processing, machine learning, statistical data analysis, data modelling and data visualization. She/he will be proficient in essential programming skills (e.g., in SQL, Python, R and the like) and have cloud computing experience (Ex. AWS, Google Cloud).
She/he will have substantial, real-world experience in data acquisition, harmonization, interrogation, and the design/deployment of high-throughput computational frameworks and be ready to hit the ground running in a tight knit, fast paced environment that rewards personal initiative, collaboration, and scientific excellence.
- Drives the development and evaluation of computational and statistical frameworks for data marshalling, computational interrogation, and visualization
- Develops, deploys, and maintains large-scale databases of vaccine-related data amenable to massively parallel (e.g. “in the cloud”) computational methods
- Develops, deploys and validates automated analytical and visualization workflows in support of vaccine R&D
- Collaborates internally to develop scientific hypotheses and drive scientific insights based on computational frameworks
- Demonstrates good software engineering practices, and applies these across the research pipeline, from prototypes of new methods to mature and validated methods
- Maintains awareness of latest developments in relevant fields, evaluates and applies as warranted
- Generates IP and participates in the drafting of patent filings
Experience & Knowledge
- Applicants of any higher education level (undergraduate, masters, PhD) will be considered, with preference given to those with substantial, real-world experience in data acquisition, harmonization, interrogation, and the design/deployment of battle-tested, high-throughput computational frameworks
- Experience with big data, cloud computing and parallel computing
- Proficiency in machine learning and algorithmic analysis of data
- Excellent analytical and problem solving as well as communication, scientific writing and presentation skills
- Understanding of drug/vaccine discovery and development processes is a plus, as well as familiarity with RNA biology and RNA-centric techniques/methods
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.
As part of its diversity commitment, Sanofi is welcoming and integrating people with disabilities.