The General Medicines Medical Affairs department of Sanofi Italy is looking for a brilliant:
MEDICAL ADVISOR CARDIOVASCULAR
The person, reporting to the Medical Lead, will have the opportunity to manage the relevant company portfolio in this therapeutic area, a mix of established products and innovative therapies.
About the Opportunity
The Medical Advisor Cardiovascular (CV) is the Scientific reference point for the assigned therapeutic area and products within the General Medicines BU as well as with all the other relevant internal and external stakeholders.
Contributes to the development of global product strategy; adapts global product strategy to local needs.
Implements elements of the therapeutic area evidence generation programme to meet the local business, regulatory, access and ethical requirements; executes the local medical plan (data generation, scientific exchange, stakeholder engagement and medical governance, etc.); trains local medical and commercial staff on TA and/or product specific topics. Provides medical expertise to functional areas such as marketing, clinical development, pharmacovigilance and regulatory in compliance with law, ethical/scientific principles and Group products strategy.
Manages internal and external relationships within the area of responsibility; ensures consistency of medical content and scientific messages across various tools and materials.
- To develop and maintain the highest scientific and medical expertise within the CV therapeutic area;
- To develop and execute strategically aligned medical plans for scientific engagement, evidence generation, insight generation, and partnerships for the assigned brands in conjunction with in-country functions and Regional/ Global Team;
- To provide appropriate and timely Medical Affairs support in order to contribute to the best positioning of products in the therapeutic scenario;
- In cooperation with the FBM Lead, to define MSL priorities within the CV Therapeutic Area and build up training and development program in line with global strategy and local needs;
- To build up scientific network with the most relevant KOLs and scientific societies at national level;
- To provide scientific training to the commercial teams and other functions, ensuring high level scientific education in line with local and global strategy and prepare staff to handle interactions with customers;
- To attend appropriate national and international meetings and congresses;
- In cooperation with Market Access, to develop the Medical sections of regulatory or HTA dossier;
- To cooperate with the relevant functions to minimize the impact of regulatory and quality issues on patients’ health outcomes within the assigned therapeutic areas;
- In cooperation with the Medical Information Service, to provide response to Medical Information enquires, utilizing global medical information resources and in line with local regulatory requirements.
- Scientific background, better if with Degree in Medicine;
- Previous experience in the pharmaceutical industry of 2/3 years in a similar position;
- Fluent English.
Furthermore, to obtain excellent results in this role, you need to have experience in:
- Healthcare knowledge;
- CV therapeutic area knowledge;
- Knowledge of Medical Affairs process and activities;
- Public speaking and communication skills;
- Result driven orientation to proactively ensure and exceed objectives;
- Management and organizational skills (planning, priority setting, flexibility);
- Strong customer orientation, networking and ability to build effective relationships;
- Transversal cooperation and interpersonal relationships;
- Adaptability to multicultural environment;
- Learning agility;
- Strategic thinking;
- Entrepreneurial spirit.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.