The Lead Medical Advisor provides medical and scientific strategy to differentiate our medicines to assist healthcare professionals and other stakeholders in making informed decisions on optimal therapy for patients. The Lead Medical Advisor will develop and execute the strategic medical plan as a component of the integrated brand plan. They will also:
- Ensure Canadian R&D contribution to different stages of the global product development cycle.
- Play a key role in ensuring optimal positioning of Sanofi Genzyme products and offerings in synergy with the therapeutic area and patients’ need in Canada
- Support evidence-based use of Sanofi Genzyme products
- Provide leadership and facilitation to stimulate cross-functional collaboration within Medical Affairs and with other Sanofi Genzyme departments (both locally and globally) to leverage synergies and joint efforts in support of Sanofi Genzyme products.
- Lead a National RWE (real-world-evidence) Strategy that engages the KOL and Health Economists to ensure data generation and publications that support our products in the CDN market place
- Cover Atlantic KOL’s from an RMA perspective
Key responsibilities and duties for this position
- Provide optimal understanding of patients’ unmet medical needs and the evolution of the patient journey within relevant therapeutic areas.
- Lead the development and implementation of the Canadian RWE strategy, outlining the support strategy for his/her allocated products within the portfolio by ensuring both patient and business considerations.
- Develop an optimal scientific communication platform to integrate the needs of patients and the business.
Market and Medical Environment
- Monitor the external landscape and identify new and changing trends in therapeutic area.
- Gather and interpret customer insights, and translate into medical strategy.
- Capture competitive intelligence, and proactively communicate strategic insights to the brand team.
- Provide the RWE strategy to support our cross functional stakeholders; commercial, clinical and market access
- Provide the RWE strategy for Market Access submissions
- Serve as a scientific and health economic resource to internal and external customers.
- Develop and execute on research advisory boards to capture customer insights, identify data gaps and scientific needs
- Support the clinical development program and all research-related activities.
- Develop digital strategies and tactics for differentiating Sanofi Genzyme from its competitors.
- Collaborate with the Clinical Studies Unit to optimize Canadian participation and performance within the clinical development activities and RWE projects for the pipeline and marketed products.
- Develops and optimizes relationships with global clinical management in order to ensure the company’s involvement at a level compatible with Canadian business objectives.
- Participates in the activities of Global and Regional Medical Affairs teams as well as medico-marketing teams, to ensure Canadian contribution to Global Medical and Marketing strategy and tactics.
- Liaise with the US Medical Affairs team and HEOR and HEVA teams to ensure optimal leverage of North American collaboration
- Provides scientific, health economic and strategic support for regulatory and market access submissions.
- Creates and supports implementation of the Canadian publication plan.
- Coordinates activities with the MSLs.
- Collaborates with external partners within the healthcare system in identifying and closing the care gaps related to the optimal use of Sanofi Genzyme products.
- Develop strategies for centres of excellence in Canada and National RWE projects
- Develops and optimizes relationships with Canadian opinion leaders, including support to scientific platforms such as Advisory Boards, Expert Forums etc.
- In collaboration with Government Affairs and Market Access teams, develops strategies to address payers and patient association needs.
Key requirements for this position
- MSc, PhD, PharmD, MD
- 5 years of Medical Affairs experience
- Strong knowledge of immunology and health economics
- Established relationships with thought leaders in Neurology, Academic health economists
- Life cycle management of pharmaceutical products
Specific skills and/or competencies
- Strategic agility
- Communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Scientific and business acumen
- Ability to critically appraise scientific data
- Team leadership ability
- Facilitation skills
- Negotiation skills
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Written and spoken English and French a definite asset
- Microsoft Outlook: Electronic mail; Microsoft Word; Microsoft Excel; Microsoft PowerPoint
Approximately 10-30% of the time with occasional weekend travel
About Sanofi – www.sanofi.ca
Sanofi is dedicated to supporting people through their health challenges. We are a global biopharmaceutical company focused on human health. We prevent illness with vaccines, provide innovative treatments to fight pain and ease suffering. We stand by the few who suffer from rare diseases and the millions with long-term chronic conditions. With more than 100,000 people in 100 countries, Sanofi is transforming scientific innovation into healthcare solutions around the globe.
Sanofi entities in Canada include the Diabetes and Cardiovascular Care Business Unit, the General Medicines and Established Products Business Unit, Sanofi Pasteur (vaccines), Sanofi Genzyme (specialty care) and Sanofi Consumer Health. Together they employ close to 1,900 people. In 2015 Sanofi companies invested $133.3 million in R&D in Canada, creating jobs, business and opportunity throughout the country.
Sanofi is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to attract, develop and retain highly talented employees from diverse backgrounds, allowing us to benefit from a wide variety of experiences and perspectives. We welcome and encourage applications from all qualified applicants. Accommodations for persons with disabilities required during the recruitment process are available upon request.
Thank you in advance for your interest.
Only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Follow Sanofi Canada on Twitter: @SanofiCanada and on YouTube: youtube.com/user/sanoficanada
Sanofi, Empowering Life
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.