Diabetes Account Executive - Cardiff & Vale and Aneurin Bevan Health boards
About the Opportunity
The Account Executive is responsible for achieving a territory sales target through developing and delivering high-quality customer focussed account plans as part of a cross-functional team.
About Sanofi Business Unit
Primary Care GBU combines the product portfolios of Sanofi’s existing Diabetes and Cardiovascular (DCV) GBU with Established Products, which are currently part of the General Medicines & Emerging Markets (GEM) GBU. The new Primary Care unit will focus exclusively on mature markets.
- Deliver sales targets & CSFs for specified brands through effective key account working.
- Develop and Implement clear, focused business plans with a cross functional team to deliver defined outcomes.
- Undertake in depth sales, market, environment and competitor analysis to assess and prioritise the opportunities and risks to delivering the territory sales target.
- Capture the patient care pathway for each account; identify information about “disease progression” or “treatment needs” at each step and the length of time to transition from one to the next.
- Address customer goals and add value through customised solutions whilst achieving Sanofi brand CSFs.
- Communicate effectively within the account team and with stakeholders outside the core team whilst recording plans and results compliantly.
- Track, measure and report on progress against sales and Key Performance Indicators related to account plans objectives, actions and strategies.
- Stay abreast of customer environment and needs which could impact account plans through regular updates & communications across sales, access and medical team. Review plans as appropriate.
- Drive local, regional or national influence & advocacy through promotional and non-promotional activities.
- Demonstrate engagement of Customers with a winning attitude showing passion, belief and genuine interest to drive a change in behavior from customers using the recommended Sanofi sales approach:
- Delivery of projects to drive outcomes with multiple decision-makers, as defined and agreed in the account plan.
- Actively develop and demonstrate knowledge of therapy area, current treatments and future advances to retain competitive advantage.
- Demonstrate clinical knowledge of promoted brands and competitor brands as needed for appropriate Customer discussions.
- Use appropriate internal and external resources to keep abreast of forthcoming changes to therapy management.
- Actively develop and demonstrate skills required which will deliver the account plans and add value to Customers whilst achieving Sanofi CSFs.
- Utilise capability frameworks and personal development plans to actively advance skills as necessary.
To excel in this role you will need to have:-
- Educated to degree level or equivalent with an ability to communicate complex information simply
- Evidence of:
- Selling or influencing people to change behaviours.
- Working cross-functionally to achieve a shared agenda.
- Effective planning to achieve results.
- Self - development.
- Modification of actions in a changing environment.
- Written and verbal fluency.
- Technologically competent.
It would be advantageous to have (not essential):
- ABPI qualified, and detailed understanding of its practical application in a business environment.
- A science background.
- In-depth knowledge of the key product therapeutic area and ability to use that knowledge effectively in customer interactions.
- Knowledge of the NHS including local decisions, impact on Sanofi and changes that affect their customers.
- Experience of successfully working with prescribers in NHS at the appropriate level for their role with measurable outcomes.
- Ability to analyse complex internal and external data.
- Effectively use and interpret sophisticated IT systems.
- Ability to drive the development and execution of shared business plans.
- Ability to tailor actions within a changing environment to achieve success.
What Sanofi can offer you
- A role where you are instrumental to creating best practice and as the organisation grows, you can too.
- We offer a generous package including flexible benefits, and are committed to helping you have a healthy work-life balance throughout your career with us.
- The role is covering is Cardiff & Vale and Aneurin Bevan Health boards.
- This is a full time role and we support flexible working.
Empower Life Everyday
At Sanofi we work across human health from vaccines to rare diseases, and consumer healthcare. This creates opportunities to work across different areas to build a diverse and exciting career. Sanofi has the capabilities and resources to support your aspirations to fulfill your ambitions and be the best you can be.
Our purpose at Sanofi is to work passionately every day to understand and solve healthcare needs of people across the world. Our ambition is by 2025, to be a top 3 innovative, global and diversified human healthcare company. One that embraces transformative technologies and is focused on its area of excellence, which means we’re not there to try to solve everybody’s problems. We want to focus on those areas where we know we are making a difference.
The values we are live by are teamwork, courage, respect and integrity.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.