Based in Reading, Berkshire
About the job
About the Opportunity
Discover your journey with Sanofi Vaccines! We have a new opportunity for a Medical Lead for the Vaccines business unit. As a non-promotional Head Office position, this will support the Head of Medical UK/IRE in the execution of Medical Affairs strategies in the UK and IRE.
About Sanofi Vaccines
Sanofi Vaccines – We believe in a world in which no one suffers or dies from a vaccine preventable disease.
For over 100 years, Sanofi Pasteur has been committed to extending the life-saving power of vaccination as broadly as possible. Our history is grounded in life science pioneers who discovered how infectious diseases work. They unlocked the public health potential of vaccination and developed efficient mass production methods to ensure the broadest access to vaccines.
In this role you will:
- Provide Medical Affairs leadership within Sanofi Vaccines
- Lead and contribute to the local evidence generation strategy, plan and execution for the franchise
- Provide high quality medical and scientific support for the Sanofi Pasteur portfolio, keeping up to date with latest developments and developing professional relationships with local External Experts through non-promotional scientific dialogue
- Lead/participate in medical and scientific forums
- Contribute to new product development, identifying emerging trends to integrate them into business strategies for launch and lifecycle of the portfolio
- Actively work on pipeline strategies
- UK/IRE registered and licenced health care professional
- Final signatory (preferred) experience or working towards it is highly desirable
- Strong Medical Affairs experience
- Broad experience in medical activities covering clinical trials, compliance, and external engagement
- Experience within Vaccines is highly desirable but not essential
- Detailed knowledge of ABPI/IPHA Code of Practice and implementation in business environment
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to lead, manage and develop teams
- Full UK driving license
- Experience of setting, balancing and managing a budget to target is required
- Line management experience is desired
- Ability to lead, manage and develop teams
- Detailed knowledge of Regulatory guidelines, Medicines Act and the Human Medicines Regulations, ABPI Code of Practice and IPHA Code of Practice and standard operating procedures, and experience of their implementation within the business environment including final signatory status
- Principles and practice of medical affairs including clinical trial design, management, analysis and reporting, including GCP
- Preferred knowledge of specific products and related therapeutic areas, including key opinion leaders
- Knowledge of the structure and management of the NHS and or HSE
Inspire your Journey: what Sanofi can offer you:
- An international work environment, in which you can develop your talent and realize ideas and innovations within a competent team
- An attractive, market-oriented salary aligned with your qualifications and including social benefits above average (e.g. company pension plans, health management)
- An individual and well-structured introduction and training when you onboard
- You can create your own career path within Sanofi. Your professional and personal development will be supported purposefully
- As a globally successful and constantly growing company, Sanofi provides international career paths as well
Pursue progress, discover extraordinary.
Better is out there. Better medications, better outcomes, better science. But progress doesn’t happen without people – people from different backgrounds, in different locations, doing different roles, all united by one thing: a desire to make miracles happen. So, let’s be those people.
At Sanofi, we provide equal opportunities to all regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity.
Watch our ALL IN video and check out our Diversity Equity and Inclusion actions at sanofi.com!
Visas for those who do not already have the right to work in the UK will be considered on a case by case basis according to business needs and resources.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.