NHS Engagement Manager London
About the Opportunity
Interesting new opportunity has become available within the General Medicines Team for the NHS Engagement Manager London role. This is a customer facing role where you will be accountable as a member of the local Account team for improved use of our medicines across General Medicines leading to an increase in sales performance and profitability through the development & delivery of the strategic business plan, over the short, medium and long term, across all accounts and products for a defined Region.
The role will require working with the Trade team and connecting as required to the Market Access Managers where there are common customers.
The NHS Engagement Manager is responsible for commercial and procurement and pricing negotiations within their Accounts, with a particular focus upon payer customers, health care decision makers and commercial roles (e.g. procurement pharmacist, Finance Director)
A key requirement of the role is to secure long-term sustainability through the identification of shared goals with our health system partners ensuring a strong customer/patient centric and health system partnership mindset, helping patients with Long Term Conditions
Sanofi’s General Medicines Global Business Unit (GBU) combines the product portfolios of Sanofi’s existing Diabetes and Cardiovascular (DCV) GBU with Established Products. The newly focussed unit will focus exclusively on mature markets.
About growing with us
In this role you will….
- Knowledge of the commercial environment
- Develops and maintains productive and sustained relationships with key influencers, who have the capability to influence, promote or inhibit Sanofi General Medicines business within the local health
- To be an expert on the commercial environment by constantly keeping a breadth of the changing NHS by understanding national policies, local priorities and helping with implementation for local health organisations. A very strong understanding of primary care commissioning and medicines management or devolved alternative systems and in particular commercial schemes such as rebates, innovative pricing arrangements, market access principles and Area Prescribing Committees and procurement networks; in order to develop appropriate opportunities for Sanofi General Medicines that meet the customer need.
- Develop and agree implementation of the local Business Plan in alignment with account team
- Application of Key Account first capabilities, Business Ownership, Operate strategically, Network Mapping and Design and Responsive Planning to ensure continuous creation of a shared vision with team and customers, in order to create value for the organization, customers/patients
- Demonstrate a profit centre owner mindset and input to the balancing of resource investment & growth to deliver sales targets, market share and reputation. To optimise brand strategy in order to build a sustainable business whilst meeting the needs of prioritised key accounts
- Works with MSLs and Real World Insights to really understand the local environment, the policies in place and the goals of critical health care decision makers/payers who make decisions on the Sanofi General Medicines portfolio. Shapes (rather than being subject to) the local environment to achieve and optimise market profitability throughout the lifecycle of the portfolio.
- Proactively communicates information and provides recommendations regarding insights into the local health economic environment and potential business opportunities, to inform resourcing, customer targeting and business planning.
- Delivers impactful face to face or virtual and group interactions with key influencers through conversational and yet compelling argumentation using the principles of Account Based Selling.
- Lead on partnership opportunities and commercial connections
- Responsible for all commercial programmes, deals, rebates and investments at an regional level as part of leveraging the Regional business.
- Leads on Joint Working with the NHS in line with the Sanofi Joint Working SOP.
- Effective prioritisation and application of bespoke value propositions based on the segmentation of key accounts.
- Responsible for upholding the integrity of Sanofi's vision and aligning this with the strategy of the NHS
- Developing capabilities / Therapy knowledge
- Actively develops and demonstrates capability and role models Account first thinking in line with the competency framework; demonstrates high standards of therapy area knowledge and adoption of an omnichannel approach to internal/external interactions
- Culture - Team and collaboration with regional NHS engagement leads
- Supports a culture of high performance, accountability and empowerment across the account team and is willing to stretch and take on new challenges.
Qualifications/ Education & work experience
- Educated to degree level or equivalent, preferably with a science background.
- Detailed understanding of ABPI Code of Practice and its practical application in a business environment. ABPI qualified.
- Broad based knowledge of the general medicines product portfolio, strategy and services.
- Detailed knowledge of the NHS, its modernisation agenda, the local resulting changes/needs are and how these link to Company goals.
- Detailed knowledge of Primary Care Commissioning and finances.
- Demonstrable experience in delivering commercial and patient outcomes through partnership with the NHS.
- Demonstrated ability to identify strategic business opportunities and threats and plan resources to achieve results.
- Demonstrated ability to influence relationships and leverage knowledge internally across a matrix structure to optimise opportunities with customers and achieve shared goals.
- Proven commercial acumen, with clear understanding of the business market dynamics and the ability to accurately assess and convey market access intelligence to shape plans
- Ability to make decisions promptly
- Demonstrated flair and courage for proposing creative solutions and taking calculated risks.
- Demonstrated strength in negotiating with customers and associated stakeholders to drive mutually beneficial solutions.
- Evidence of an in depth understanding and ability to set standards around collaborative working
- Ability to manage a team effectively within a changing environment.
Inspire your Journey: what Sanofi can offer you:
- An international work environment, in which you can develop your talent and realize ideas and innovations within a competent team.
- An attractive, market-oriented salary aligned with your qualifications and including social benefits above average (e.g. company pension plans, health management).
- An individual and well-structured introduction and training when you onboard.
- You can create your own career path within Sanofi. Your professional and personal development will be supported purposefully.
- As a globally successful and constantly growing company, Sanofi provides international career paths as well.
This is our Sanofi. Discover yours.
If you feel you have the required experience please apply NOW, alternatively firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
Own your future. Make your move!
We are proud to have been awarded Global Top Employer 2021!
We are proud to have been awarded Global Top Employer 2021.
Visas for those who do not already have the right to work in the UK will be considered on a case by case basis according to business needs and resources.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.