- Location: Field based – South East England
- 90 % Remote working / 10% client visits
- Job type: Permanent, Full time
About the job
Join Sanofi as a Vaccines Business Development Manager. Working as part of a high performing, customer facing team to lead and take personal accountability for successfully achieving agreed sales and commercial objectives aligned to the defined team geography. You will work as an accountable business owner to create commercial success.
- Create well researched, robust business plans to identify the key initiatives that will ensure commercial success within the defined geography. Implementing this plan as a core team drawing on the support of enabling functions of the Go to Market (GTM) model
- Ensure successful business plan and franchise strategy implementation – you will work closely with the National Business Manager and vaccines cross functional colleagues to objectively analyse and understand the local market environment
- Identify key actionable insights to develop timely and innovative response/solutions with cross functional support through the geography business plan
- Make decisions using local knowledge and insight on which accounts and customers will be targeted (national analysis will be used as a guide for understanding highest potential accounts and ranked A, B, C, D). Assign the targeted accounts and customers across the team to drive implementation of the business plan
- Agree KPIs for implementation of the plan and review timings to assess progress
- Understand the targeted customers preference to receive, process, and interpret information and ensure this is achieved through the orchestration of right customer engagement channel/s
- Agile approach to implementing and reviewing activities agreed within the defined geography. Set appropriate KPIs (Revenue/ROI), highlighting risks and opportunities and suggest course correction when appropriate
Customer Engagement and Communication
- Build successful business relationships: Engage with healthcare professionals and associated purchasing decision-makers to promote Sanofi vaccines and associated support services to enhance vaccine uptake within the defined area
- Clear customer communication: Communicate relevant technical, clinical and financial information as appropriate to the meet identified customer needs
- Extend our digital reach: Take an omnichannel approach, identifying and matching the customer needs to the appropriate support tools available to best enhance the customer and patient experience
- Attend as required: Sales Meetings, Training Courses, Conferences, and Exhibitions
- Identify personal development needs and maintain an active IDP
- Adopt, advocate and role model the Leadership frame as a way of working (skills and behaviours) as a leader within Sanofi
- Complete all compliance and any additional training required in a timely manner
- Apply AGILE methodology to problem solving and innovation within the area
- Maintain CRM database and be able to confidently utilise analytics tools to make data driven decisions along the customer journey
- Encourage team harmony thereby minimising conflict and maximising teamwork whilst maintaining an appropriate level of challenge and standards within the team
- Agile project management
- Proven commercial acumen, driven by clear insight & understanding of the business market dynamics and the ability to recognise and address urgent issues
- Comprehensive understanding of the current environment to support access for Sanofi vaccines to patients
- Vaccines market knowledge strongly desirable
- Soft skills:
- Excellent, demonstrable influencing and communication skills that builds effective customer relationships and creates local, broad advocacy for Sanofi
- Strong team player with the ability to work effectively with all team members
- Able to successfully work independently and within a team taking individual accountability for actions and results
- Demonstrable ability to make decisions, implement them and take accountability for the outcomes of the decision-making process
- Good level of organisational and analytical skills with the ability to balance in person and remote interactions through proficiency in using digital tools.
- Technical skills:
- Highly IT competent (especially excel) and able to utilise and keep data clean and ensure compliance with CRM & Data SOP
Pursue progress, discover extraordinary.
Better is out there. Better medications, better outcomes, better science. But progress doesn’t happen without people – people from different backgrounds, in different locations, doing different roles, all united by one thing: a desire to make miracles happen. So, let’s be those people.
At Sanofi, we provide equal opportunities to all regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity.
Watch our ALL IN video and check out our Diversity Equity and Inclusion actions at sanofi.com!
We are proud to be a Disability Confident Employer and committed to offering an interview to candidates who request to be considered under the Scheme and meet the minimum requirements required for this role.
If you consider yourself to have a disability and would like to ask for adjustments to be made at interviews, please email diversity.recruitmentUKIE@sanofi.com so we can make arrangements for you.
Visas for those who do not already have the right to work in the UK will be considered on a case by case basis according to business needs and resources.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.