This job position takes charge of patient community relations in the field of Rare Blood Disorders (including Hemophilia) as its primary responsibility. The position is to communicate directly with the Hemophilia patient community and also work with various stakeholders in order to build trustworthy relationship and long-term partnership between the company and the patient community.
This position also manages the pan-Rare Disease (RD) advocacy initiatives and/or programs at the company level, covering to engage various rare disease patients and patient groups either by segment or as a whole to contribute to reinforcing SG’s leadership in RD area as a premier specialty-care company.
This position basically serves the purpose of advocacy of supporting patient advocates and patient groups to be able to facilitate patient access to medical solutions and services in alignment with the company policy and strategies; and also strives to empower the patient communities for growing their organizational capability, independence and sustainability. It demands responsiveness to addressing pain points and challenges facing patients at large and/or the community, which would lead to deploying programs, services and/or activities together with the community and other committed partners.
- Work closely with internal business partners esp. Public Affairs, Market Access, Medical, EBI, Comms, CSR as well as with Franchise teams to deliver outcomes with a focus on Rare Blood Disorders (Hemophilia)
- Develop working relationships and partnering opportunities with the Rare Disease Blood Disorders patient communities and key stakeholders in a broader scope
- Capture a close and comprehensive understanding of the Rare Blood Disorders patient relations dynamics and latest intelligence as well as keep updates of news, events and changes about the patient community
- Deploy short and long-term patient advocacy goals and strategies for the Rare Blood Disorders and execute actions in alignment with business objectives and priorities
- Plan and manage various RD patient advocacy initiatives and events of Sanofi Genzyme including campaigns, education/engagement programs and meetings with patient groups, etc.
- Manage the process of funding and sponsorship with patient organizations and for advocacy programs
- Acts as team player by doing an active exchange, guidance and consultation with PALs (patient advocacy liaisons for patient disease education services) for improving patient support services and seeking patient insight
- Comply with relevant laws, regulations and the KRPIA code as well as internal policy and SOPs when it comes to interacting with patients and patient groups
Fluent in Korean and English communication (both in speaking and writing)
Strong verbal and written communication skills both in Korean and English
A minimum Bachelor’s degree or above
Experience & knowledge:
- 3 to 5 years' progressive on-the-job experience with advocacy, patient community relations or public affairs in the healthcare industry; Marketing communications or patient education experience is a plus
- Strong knowledge of patient advocacy or public affairs practices
- Basic knowledge of patient group dynamics and healthcare systems for rare diseases in Korea
- Working knowledge and networks for community relations resources incl. NPOs
Passion for advocacy / patient centricity value
Leadership skills demonstrated in decision making
Ability to manage issues and solve problems
Strong interpersonal skills
Strong competency to cooperate transversally
Persuasive communication and influencing skills
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.