Head of Global Vaccines Manufacturing Excellence_All Genders
We are Sanofi. We are an innovative global healthcare company, driven by one purpose: we chase the miracles of science to improve people’s lives.
Our teams across the world strive to transform the practice of medicine, turning the impossible into the possible for patients.
We provide potentially life-changing treatments and the protection of life-saving vaccines to millions of people, and affordable access to our medicines in some of the world’s poorest countries.
We are looking a talent for the Head of Global Vaccines Manufacturing Excellence role.
About the Team:
We are Sanofi. We are an innovative global healthcare company, driven by one purpose: we chase the miracles of science to improve people’s lives. Our teams across the world strive to transform the practice of medicine, turning the impossible into the possible for patients. We’re transforming strategy, culture, and process through ONE Sanofi Industrial Ambition that will connect our science to the communities we serve.
Vaccines Industrial Affairs’ unique expertise in vaccine manufacturing contributes to sanofi Vaccines’ public Health mission and company growth. Our ambition is to work together as one organization to become Best in Class – the worldwide reference for vaccine manufacturing, and to maintain a sustainable and reliable supply of cost-competitive quality vaccines for our customers around the world.
Reporting to the Head of Industrial Excellence and Strategy, the Head of Manufacturing Excellence is accountable for developing, planning and leading the performance roadmaps for MSV sites network in order to improve business performance to achieve Best in Class ambition, maintaining thus global competitiveness.
Boost industrial performance
He or she develops and lead implementation of the Sanofi Manufacturing System (SMS2.0) program for the 10 manufacturing sites in MSV regarding
- Sanofi Manufacturing System to continuously improve all aspects of manufacturing operation, sustaining cost reduction improvement, in compliance with Sanofi Quality and HSE standards
- Establish harmonized Production Capacity measurement system & related Asset utilization improvements
- Drive Productivity improvements programs: yields & process losses, write-off,
- Drive Plant cycle time and release Lead time adherence/reduction programs
He or she manages the Vaccines pipeline of procurement-related saving initiatives including
- Identify and explore areas of opportunity by structuring, facilitating, and coordinating “idea generation workshops” with Procurement to find further saving initiatives on Materials, Indirect and MRO & Energy
- Ensure each site has an up-to-date portfolio of savings initiatives endorsed by the Site Head
Monitor industrial performance & Compare with Benchmark to strive for best in class
He or she establishes the measurement system to monitor overall the MSV and sites performance
- Organize +QDCIS dashboard from level5 and below to prepare for level 6 escalation
- Monitor performance of individual sites to identify and implement improvement measures in collaboration with site senior management and site ME managers, through monthly reviews of performance versus defined targets, ensuring accountability at site level for results
- Track monthly performance dashboard and monthly report
- Frame budget and StratPlan exercises to focus first on performances drivers before financial impacts
- Support the LTIP process through the capacity reporting in Convergence
- Organize the regular update of the production capacity register
- Perform Global capacity analysis for LRP and budget preparations as well as the review process.
- Provide expertise services/intervention to address troubleshooting or debottlenecking of process flows related to equipment, including diagnostic for transformation
- Build a network internally and externally to organize benchmark studies related to the best practices in/out of our industry
- Organize Team participation into the Company benchmark studies (POBOS)
- Make proposals to implement the best practices in the network.
Build capabilities for industrial performance
- Establish the capabilities building system for the network
- Support manufacturing sites as required, ensuring that the correct organization, resources and expertise are in place. Develop and nurture Continuous Improvement champion network
- Conduct and/or support Lean workshops and SMS Lean Academy training. Actively support SMS certification program.
- Organize communication between sites on SMS activities to ensure best practice sharing, cross-fertilization and implementation
- Leverage all Sanofi M&S Industrial Performance programs
- Connect with IPL’s IPM’s community to challenge all investment projects and provide performance intervention alternatives
- Promote performance mindset at all levels of the organization through Lean events, standardization and simplification initiatives, collaborators priorities setting up and review, recognition system, and learning organization.
Manage Sourcing Risk through the CMM Organization
- Defining and agreeing on the procurement-related risk strategy and objectives
- Regularly mapping procurement-related risk areas and identifying specific risks
- Developing and implementing a Supplier Risk Framework aligned with MSV Sourcing Risk Roadmap
- Owning and maintaining the risk register for materials, suppliers, specifications, regulations, and financials
- Creating awareness of risk amongst procurement teams and adjacent functions to ensure effective due diligence
- Prioritizing identified risks and implementing measures to prevent or minimize their impact, while ensuring alignment with the business
- Experience: Crisp understanding of vaccines industrial requirements and commercial universe. Economics & financial knowledge & expertise. Experience in operational roles. Demonstrated success in leading and evaluating performance improvement programs. Ability to train staff in performance improvement methodologies. Demonstrated success in establishing and maintaining cooperative partnerships at both local and international levels. Exposure to cross sites & cross GBUs networking.
- Soft skills: Change management skills. Disrupts the status quo while remaining pragmatic and focus on priorities. Able to lead & animate networks, teams, experts - Strong communication skills. Strong leadership skills to engage direct team as well as manage multiple/transversal teams. Persuasion / bringing other together to gain consensus and reach global optimum. Strong capabilities on stakeholder management to drive decision making process. Complex problem solving / Judgment & decision making / Critical thinking. Result oriented. Change management skills. Business acumen
- Technical skills: Strong experience in Industrial Performance or Site Manufacturing with proven track record in Lean Manufacturing Principles / Lean transformation
Drive cost efficiencies while maintaining all safety, compliance and “time to market” objectives.
- Languages: Fluent in English
- Sites : France (Lyon, Gentilly, Marcy l'Etoile, Val de Reuil), Swifwater, Toronto
- Travel: Ability to travel worldwide ~30% of the time
Pursue progress, discover extraordinary
Better is out there. Better medications, better outcomes, better science. But progress doesn’t happen without people – people from different backgrounds, in different locations, doing different roles, all united by one thing: a desire to make miracles happen. So, let’s be those people.
At Sanofi, we provide equal opportunities to all regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.
As part of its diversity commitment, Sanofi is welcoming and integrating people with disabilities.
Please note you are leaving the corporate site of Sanofi and are being redirected to our applicant tracking system, Workday, which allows you to apply to our open positions.VIEW MORE