About the opportunity
Sanofi is seeking a MEDICAL ADVISOR to drive medical & scientific communication and activities for Rare Disease (RD) therapy area in the Baltic region.
You will also be responsible to develop and maintain relationships with key opinion leaders (KOLs) and build an advocacy base among external specialists.
Preferred role location: Lithuania or Estonia
About Sanofi Genzyme Business Unit
A pioneer in biotechnology, Sanofi Genzyme is the Specialized Care Unit of Sanofi. A global leader in personalized therapies, the unit is helping patients within several therapeutically areas: Rare Diseases, Multiple Sclerosis, Oncology and Immunology.
Sanofi Genzyme significantly invests in research and development as part of its patient engagement. The focus of
Sanofi Genzyme is to develop treatments for invalidating therapies, difficult to diagnose and treat, offering help to the patients and their families.
- Identify, develop and maintain collaborative relationships with current and future opinion leaders, within the therapy area
- Chair and drive national expert meetings and advisory boards
- Be responsible for scientific/medical content in educational activities for KOLs and HCP
- Facilitate and support high risk population testing projects
- Support fields sales and efforts related to presenting clarity around clinical and scientific information
- Be a strong partner to the Business Unit and Medical Team
- Identify, activate, support and maintain investigator sponsored studies (ISS)
- Ensure to be updated on the latest scientific information within the therapeutic area
- Participate in congresses, symposia and other relevant meetings
- Ensure that all promotion materials are compliant
To excel in this role you will need to have:
- Medical degree or academic scientific degree - MSc and/or PhD - in life sciences
- Knowledge of the pharma/biotech industry and understanding of the healthcare environment
- Clinical study and/or project management experience
- Experience from a medical affairs position in the pharmaceutical industry - desirable
- Experience in genetics or genetic metabolic disorders - advantage
- Capability to continuously analyse relevant information and emerging trends, including scientific, social, policy and access-related information
- Ability to develop scientific communication and education initiatives
- Ability to effectively engage with external stakeholders and build long-term relationships
- Self-motivated personality, independent and structured working style, yet able to work in a team
- Capability to plan, prioritize and implement actions in timely matter
- Excellent presentation skills and proficient in public speaking
- Oral and written fluency in Lithuanian (or Estonian) and English
- Good IT skills
This position requires equal amounts of field as well as office-based work with approx. 35% travel activity in the region of Baltics and Nordics for external and internal as well as customer meetings.
Fixed Term Contract (FTC) until 31/08/2021
What Sanofi can offer you
• A role where you will be instrumental in contributing to Sanofi vision to bring innovative treatments to patients in the Baltic countries.
• We offer a competitive package including flexible benefits and are committed to helping you have a healthy work-life balance throughout your career with us.
If you feel you have the required experience please contact email@example.com directly for more details.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.