Basic Purpose of the Job*
A brand manager draws and updates mid-long term brand vision, goal, objectives and STRATEGY. It also leads the operational activities of building and managing solid new product pipeline plan through collaboration with R&D; and operating brand equity building activities mainly through brand communication plan (media/PR/Digital). Finally, it assumes responsibility to assure all activities meet the brand strategy and achieve the annual budget (P&L).
CORE BRAND/BUSINESS ACTIVITY:
- Establish and update mid-long term brand visions, goal, objectives and strategy.
- Deliver annual budget.
- Effective manage the brand both internally and externally.
- Deliver brand marketing plan to grow the business – including brand communication, and media plan.
- Ensure marketing actions to secure the planned sales by working with trade marketing team (TSM).
- Assure the congruence of all brand activities to foster strong brand.
NPD (new product development):
- Develop solid product pipeline plan with R&D in timely manner based on consumer needs.
- Develop product concepts with clear proposition and claims.
- Lead business side of NPD management - scheduling, forecasting, internal approval, etc.
- Deliver package design.
- Pursue consumer research and define the project direction.
Contribution to the team and division:
- Provide strong leadership on a brand team; not only marketing but includes TSM, R&D and others.
- Manage and develop assigned ABM.
- Lead and facilitate cross functional projects to improve operational efficiency and capability.
Interfaces (e.g. with other functions or business units)*
Trade Marketing, R&D, Medical ,Regulatory, Sales, SCM, CHC management, Global Strategic Marketing.
Degree / Education
Academic education, preferably business administration
Major / Focus
Ideally: Marketing, Psychology, Behaviour science, Economics, etc.
Required Capabilities (Skills, Experience, Competencies)
- Marketing management – market analysis, strategy development, consumer communication development, media planning, sales forecasting,
- Project management.
- Leadership and team management
- Creativity or Creativity management
Business Foundations - accounting basics, basic statistics
Language Skills & Proficiency
Native level Japanese / Fluent in English
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.