Reporting solid line to the CHC Digital Lead for AMEA, the CHC Digital Lead for Japan is fully empowered end-to-end accountable Digital leader for CHC business.
The role covers all aspects from running a stable operation, driving a continuous improvement agenda & implementing strategic initiatives in line with the global CHC and regional strategy across all functional domains (Commercial, Industrial Affairs, Backoffice, Science, Data, etc.).
The position is also accountable for maximizing business value and stakeholder’s satisfaction by overseeing all activities from Digital teams, and contributing on design, build and implementation of digital products.
The position will need to develop Japan CHC Digital Strategy and roadmap in conjunction with the CHC Digital Strategy.
Businesses scope: Commercial Operations (sales and marketing), Industrial Affairs, Analytics, Science & Medical, Supply Chain, all support functions including FIN, HR, SBS, etc.
Hiring Date: ASAP
Duration of assignment: Permanent
- Managerelationships with external partners as well as internal service contracts (GSA’s or TSA’s) with Sanofi digital teams.
- Understand CHC business requirements (including analytics ones) for the various processes in their domain, ability to challenge, interpret and translate them into competitive solutions
- Act as a technology leader and shop floor execution on behalf of CHC Digital.
- Instrumental in defining and delivering programs and deliveries for CHC.
- Understand/identify current market/changing technology trends and translate into strategic and actionable priorities.
- Manage short-, mid- and long-term sourcing of skills & talent from Sanofi and/or external parties whilst building relevant critical mass of skills required internally for CHC.
IV – Knowledge, Skills, Formations & Competences
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.A.) or equivalent in Information Technology, Business, Engineering or Pharmacy Bachelor's degree. MBA desired.
Required knowledge and/or experience
- 7+ Years of experience in Digital / IT with proven skills in complex program / portfolio management, strategy, performance and budget management.
- Broad background in different sectors with a preference for previous FMCH experience
- Proven hands-on experience with modern technologies, architecture, development methods and tools
- Proven experience from having led/steered digital programs
- Strong communication, negotiation, and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated conflict resolution & problem-solving skills in a global environment
- Strategic as well as pragmatic, with an ability to generate trust and build alliances across business, digital towers, functional streams and within own organization
- Ability to lead without authority in complex matrix organization managing a wide range of stakeholders across CHC and Sanofi
- Ability to operate at high agility and lead global tasks forces with different stakeholders (Digital/Business)
- Fluent spoken and written Japanese and English.
Cultural traits / P2W Behavior
- Push to go beyond the level we have operated until now: constantly challenge the status quo focusing on the priorities that will deliver the best outcomes and letting go what won’t: be intolerant to mediocracy, believe we can and must do better and aim at higher but never at the expenses of our values and judgment.
- Put the interest of the organization ahead of own of those of his/her team: consider both short- and long-term impact of decisions; puts collective and global goals above individual or local goals; share resources and capabilities with those with the greatest need and impact; enable decision making at appropriate level.
- Taking action and don’t wait to be told what to do: take smart and informed best bets with the information at hand and anticipate the consequences of her/his actions; use personal judgement and others’ advice to make bold and impactful decisions which move us forward
- Role model our 4 values: teamwork, integrity, respect, courage.
Required Leadership Competencies
- Strategic Thinking - ability to evaluate relevant areas of operation, formulate objectives and set priorities in a contextually relevant way, and develop plans consistent with long-term organizational interests.
- Judgement- The ability to draw logical conclusions based on acquired information and analytical rigor in problem-solving, the ability to make effective decisions even when information is ambiguous or incomplete.
- Team Leadership – Ability to build cohesive, high-performance teams that take accountability and achieve required results.
- Interpersonal relationships - treating others with courtesy, sensitivity, and respect.
- Change Leadership - The ability to demonstrate support and drive for innovation and organizational transformation.
- Personal Leadership - Personal leadership translates into courage, choice, and commitment through the pursuit of excellence, trust, and accountability. Ability to put patient, stakeholder, and organizational interests above personal interests.
- Drive -Takes the lead and initiates activities with a high degree of passion and commitment as well as the drive, desire and need to achieve challenging goals, to improve performance or to meet personal standards of excellence.
V – Main Duties & Responsibilities
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Sit in the Local LT engaging with CHC leadership and key stakeholder acting as local representative of Digital function.
- Develop Digital strategy and roadmap for CHC Japan in accordance with the business vision.
- Manage business satisfaction and proactively propose innovative digital solutions to support business needs.
- Manage budget and long-term planning of digital initiatives / programs in Japan. Assess financial implications of digital programs
- Active contributor to Product delivery teams providing market-specific business acumen and largely responsible to support Product Managers (and Product Owners) to plan product releases
- Ensure an operating model that supports continuous improvement for digital solutions deployed in Japan. Responsible for local / site user adoption of new solution and change management
- Contribute to the convergence of local applications to the strategic product portfolio and report on plan and decommissioning of legacy apps left in CHC
- Promote best practices and setup the right conditions to implement methods, processes, and IT standards in the affiliate
- Manage SLA reporting activities and services
- Capture local / sites business requirements and raise specific needs to business platforms
- Lead local digital projects and responsible for local sourcing
- Responsible for local / site user adoption of new solution and change management
- Define KPI and value proposition and act according to impacts (continue, adjust, or stop)
- Co-operate with other departments on Service / catalogue, design of new solutions
Other Skills & Competencies:
- Business Acumen (advanced)
- Business Partnership (advanced)
- Lean & Agile practices (advanced)
- Program / Product & Portfolio Management (advanced)
- Financial Planning and budgeting (advanced)
- Vendor Management (advanced)
- Transversal collaboration (advanced)
- Strategic Thinking (advanced)
- Decision Making (advanced)
- Change Management (advanced)
- User Experience (intermediate)
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.