(PERMANENT EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY)
Location: Sanofi Pasteur Limited / North York, Ontario
Department: Filling and Packaging
Reporting To: Shift Manager, Filling and Packaging
Required Education: Minimum (3) year College Diploma (Pharmaceutical Technology or equivalent)
Sanofi Pasteur, the vaccines division of Sanofi, is the largest company in the world devoted entirely to human vaccines. For over 100 years, we’ve provided life-saving vaccines for the prevention and treatment of infectious diseases.
Sanofi Pasteur Limited, located in Toronto, is one of the company's four major R&D and manufacturing sites. We are home to Sanofi Pasteur's North American centre for Analytical and Bioprocess R&D. As well, we are the largest Canadian vaccine producer: each year, we manufacture 50 million doses of vaccine and distribute them to more than 90 countries around the world, helping to protect against 20 infectious diseases. This variety of activities offers employees diverse opportunities for personal and professional growth. Our company attracts some of the best minds in the business from across the globe. Our 1,300 employees give us their best and we offer the best in return.
Sanofi Pasteur Limited is looking for motivated and results driven individuals to join our Filling and Packaging Team as a Filling Technician. Key responsibilities will include the following:
1. Monitor all tasks in the filing area.
- Wash primary components, empty ovens, and clear lines at beginning and end of operation. Pick up plates and department housekeeping. Load area of gloves, suits and disinfectants. Clean work area and prepare for next day.
- Perform dose checks
- Retrieve Batch Product Records for correct lot number and page number
- Know how to receive tanks, return tanks, decontaminate tanks and weigh tanks
- Check expiry dates to ensure no loss of product
- Load turntable with vitals and load stoppers into hopper
- Check with Packaging for startup
- Operate all equipment in Filling, Washing & Sterilizing, Operate Met-one Laser particle Counter.
- Perform viable testing in Filing, Washing & Sterilizing.
- Inventory of components checked against on hand stock to weekly schedule.
- Operate pumps, stirrers and tanks safely
2. Report defects and maintain equipment in a good condition
- Report unusual sounds, smells, etc.
- Clean machine, do minor mechanical repairs.
- Log downtime.
- Trouble shoot environmental monitoring equipment and take appropriate action to protect product.
- Report when small equipment needs replacing.
- Prepare line performance analysis.
- Log downtime analysis, output sheet for measurement of line performance index, reporting out of special conditions.
3. Plan for training.
- Attend team meetings and plan personal training with training specialist to ensure cGMP compliance
- Understand documentation training to avoid non-compliance issues (fraudulent entries, doer/checker responsibility)
- Constantly look for actions that can be done to prevent defects
- Observe other team members (i.e. gowning)
- Attend team meetings and plan time for paperwork and training.
- Determines when to setup lines
- Ongoing planning of relief.
- Identify need for assistance for overtime.
4. Ensure quality of the filling process.
- Know, understand and follow SOPs
- Check expiry dates versus protocol, laminar flow pressure differential, oven charts and ink
- Pick test trays from ovens when unloading and change tubing for water points for water sampling
- Know, understand and be concurrent on all SOPs to ensure cGMP compliance
- Perform required environmental tests.
- Collect and analyze team performance measurements.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum (3) year College Diploma (Pharmaceutical Technology or equivalent)
- Minimum of six (6) months of previous relevant experience in a biological, biotechnology or pharmaceutical manufacturing company.
- Strong problem solving ability.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and make quick decisions in accordance with SOPs and training.
- Basic computer skills and the ability to enter and maintain accurate data and in a timely manner.
Hours of Work:
Monday to Friday 12:00 am to 8:00 am (Night Shift)
Sanofi is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to attract, develop and retain highly talented employees from diverse backgrounds, allowing us to benefit from a wide variety of experiences and perspectives. We welcome and encourage applications from all qualified applicants. Accommodations for persons with disabilities required during the recruitment process are available upon request.
Thank you in advance for your interest.
Only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.