Position Overview/Department Description
The Genomic Medicine Unit (GMU) CMC group at Sanofi is dedicated to the establishment of best-in-class manufacturing platforms to support development of life-changing advanced cell and gene therapy products. This organization encompasses Pre-development, Cell Culture and Purification Process Development, Analytical Development, Drug Product Development and Clinical Manufacturing. The GMU Pre-Development group operates with the mission to develop robust, scalable and innovative viral vector manufacturing platforms to support Sanofi’s genomic medicine pipeline.
As a member of the Pre-Development team, the successful applicant will make important contributions to the improvement of the AAV stable producer cell platform. The successful candidate will be a highly motivated scientist with strong experience in AAV production platforms and extensive knowledge in mammalian gene expression systems. We are seeking a candidate with excellent scientific, organization and written communication skills to carry out studies on cell line characterization and the implementation of molecular and genetic strategies to optimize cell line performance.
· Design and conduct molecular biology and cell culture experiments to evaluate new approaches to increase AAV vector production from stable producer cell lines
· Leverage functional genomics, transcriptomics and metabolomics to identify strategies for cell line engineering to optimize viral vector productivity and reduce cost of goods
· Design and implement novel gene expression technologies, including inducible gene expression systems, to improve cell line performance
· Collaborate with internal and external teams to assess novel technologies and drive innovation
· Contribute to project, technical and strategic teams as appropriate
· PhD degree in Biotechnology, Cell Biology, Biochemistry, Virology or related discipline with a minimum of 4 years of relevant experience or a Master’s degree with a minimum of 8 years of experience or a Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 10 years of experience.
· Strong background in molecular and cell biology, preferably in the context of virology and host/viral interactions
· Advanced knowledge of mammalian gene expression systems
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Knowledge of the principles of viral vector production and Adeno-associated virus biology
· Experience in the development of HeLa producer cell line production processes and/or HEK293 AAV transient transfection platform
· Experience with next-generation sequencing, RNAseq data analysis and metabolomics
· Demonstrated knowledge and application of systems biology approaches
· Proficiency in use of SnapGene molecular biology software
· Experience with CRISPR/cas9-based cell line screening strategies
· Ability to work under limited supervision and function within a collaborative, team-oriented environment
· Ability to carry out multiple projects in parallel, including participation in cross functional project and innovation teams
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.